Quail and chicken eggs together; will chicks squash them?

Jrose

Songster
8 Years
Jun 6, 2013
I'm afraid the chicks will crush the baby quail or their eggs. I actually have heritage turkeys, OEs, and marans in the bator, would like to throw in quail if it's possible. Thoughts?

I suggest making a divider for your incubator out of hardware cloth to keep them separated as they hatch if you are worried... I don't raise quail but heard from ones who do that it is actually the quail that'll pick on the chickens... but I do believe many hatch chicken and quail eggs together just fine... hope this helps and good luck! :)

I suggest making a divider for your incubator out of hardware cloth to keep them separated as they hatch if you are worried... I don't raise quail but heard from ones who do that it is actually the quail that'll pick on the chickens... but I do believe many hatch chicken and quail eggs together just fine... hope this helps and good luck!
smile.png

Thanks :) Impatient stubborn me already jumped on it! I put them in a tall-sided glass food storage dish and 'extended' the walls with a folded paper towel taped to the outside. This should keep em safe!

Back
Top Bottom