Quail egg recipes

Nabiki

Quail Geek
May 15, 2019
Klamath County, OR
Okay, I know that you can do anything with quail eggs that you can do with chicken eggs, but I thought it might be fun to start a thread for recipes that are particularly good for quail eggs. I am hoping to have eggs soon, so I've started looking. I know I want to make scotch eggs, but appetizer size with quail eggs, and I think I'd like to try this Korean style recipe.

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/sesame-quail-eggs-351909

First of all, thank you! I have not tried the Korean style yet so I was happy to see the link. There are so many great Japanese recipes but most Americans just don't seem to like them. When we are overloaded with eggs we find a quick pickle is a great way to use them up, any herbs or spices work well but we like fresh basil and tarragon or a healthy squirt of rooster sauce.

First of all, thank you! I have not tried the Korean style yet so I was happy to see the link. There are so many great Japanese recipes but most Americans just don't seem to like them. When we are overloaded with eggs we find a quick pickle is a great way to use them up, any herbs or spices work well but we like fresh basil and tarragon or a healthy squirt of rooster sauce.
I'd love to see a good source of Japanese recipes. I have a few (I'm Japanese), but I'd like to try more.

There are great sources on line of course, but if you have a Japanese market nearby, they are a great source of information and inspiration (and another pair of those handy quail egg scissors around is always good) Most Japanese recipes start with hard boiling and then adding flavor, or raw, but there are great ideas for delicate omelets and stir fry type dishes as well. I find talking to people is at least as good as the web if not better.

Good luck with the collection!

I also made mini frittatas with quail eggs. I baked them in ramekins.
1111201745.jpg

@Nabiki ... the recipe doesn't state whether you're supposed to peel the eggs. I should hope that I didn't just spend 2 hours peeling tiny quail eggs to find out it was unnecessary!

How do you prepare yours? And how long do you think they would last in the fridge?

Back
Top Bottom