Quail egg recipes

Most of you would say fried eggs are nothing special, but I want to share my extra spice to make it top notch:

Beginning is standard, fried as you like and salt an pepper for your taste. But crown it with dried Oregano and a dash fresh rubbed nutmeg ... delicious.

Renewing an old thread. It's a Japanese dish called oden. Instead of chicken eggs, I'm using quail eggs, which are a better size for the bite-sized ingredients. Cooking it today to reheat for tomorrow's dinner. Can't wait!

Attachments

• quaileggoden.png
    quaileggoden.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Kwek - Kwek Recipe​

This is a recipe for Kewek kwek or Deep Fried Boiled Quail Eggs with Orange Batter.

Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time10 mins

Servings: 4

Author: Vanjo Merano

Ingredients​

• 12 to 18 pieces boiled quail eggs
  • 1 cup flour
  • 3 tbsp cornstarch
  • 3/4 to 1 cup water
  • 1 tbsp anatto powder pinulbos na atsuete
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
  • 2 cups cooking oil

Instructions​

• Place the cornstarch in a container and dredge the boiled quail eggs. Set aside.
  • In a mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, and pepper then mix thoroughly.
  • Dilute the anatto powder in warm water then pour-in the mixing bowl with the other ingredients. Mix well.
  • Place all the quail eggs in the mixing bowl and coat with the batter.
  • Heat the pan and pour the cooking oil.
  • When the oil is hot enough, deep-fry the quail eggs by scooping them from the mixing bowl using a spoon. Make sure that each is coated with batter.
  • After a few minutes, remove the fried quail eggs from the pan and place in a serving plate.
  • Serve with vinegar or fish ball sauce while still crispy.
  • Share and Enjoy!

kwekkwek-1024x76811.jpg

Reviving an old thread. It's a Japanese dish called oden. Instead of chicken eggs, I'm using quail eggs, which are a better size for the bite-sized ingredients. Cooking it today to reheat for tomorrow's dinner. Can't wait!
I love oden. Almost all of the Asian cuisine that calls for boiled chicken eggs works better for me with quail eggs. Chicken eggs are just too big.

Do you have a recipe you followed for these? They look amazing, I’ve never had frittatas before, I’ve heard people talk about it, I thought it was some kind of fried potato mash.
I throw in whatever I feel like. The two consistent ingredients are eggs and cheese. Everything else is what you like. I'll always add some sort of veggie. What seasonings I use depends on my mood. It could be garlic and onion with a bit of salt one day, Tabasco and peppers another. You can add cooked sausage or bacon, or chicken, or whatever else you want too.

Back
Top Bottom