Quail skinned by coopers!

@Little Chickadee thanks 😞 unfortunately I'm very familiar with the coopers, as I used to own racing pigeons. This new loft has 8 pigeons and 3 quail as of this morning. I'm using 1 inch square on the aviary which is smaller than my previous loft where I never had in loft casualties, I think it just is patient enough to wait em out and ambush like the one at our previous house did in the air. I'm probably going to be down to two quail by tommorow so I'll just let them stay in the loft permanently as it was a 4x4 but they really liked flying out with the pigeons to dustbath and eat grain so I decided they'd be ok. Obviously not 😠.

@Little Chickadee thanks 😞 unfortunately I'm very familiar with the coopers, as I used to own racing pigeons. This new loft has 8 pigeons and 3 quail as of this morning. I'm using 1 inch square on the aviary which is smaller than my previous loft where I never had in loft casualties, I think it just is patient enough to wait em out and ambush like the one at our previous house did in the air. I'm probably going to be down to two quail by tommorow so I'll just let them stay in the loft permanently as it was a 4x4 but they really liked flying out with the pigeons to dustbath and eat grain so I decided they'd be ok. Obviously not 😠.

When coopers are hungry, they are aggressive and relentless. I am sure you will figure a good way to keep your little ones safe.

We lost our favorite hen to a coopers 2 weeks ago. Now our hens are run only unless we are with them.

Maybe you can let them out when you are with them? Will they hang out with you?

Back
Top Bottom