QUESTION ON GOOSE INCUBATION!

muscovy94

Crowing
14 Years
Nov 11, 2008
Vicksburg, MS
Hey yall I have 2 quick questions i would like to ask. my first question is, when you cool the eggs once a day, do you just open the bator or do take the eggs completely out?

and my second question is, what is the proper humidity for incubating goose eggs?

Thanks.
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

I kept my 'bator running because it was SO hard to maintain it's temp. I just took out the eggs for 10-15 minuets and placed them on a damp towel. I sprinkled them with warm water when I placed them back. You don't need to start to do that until day four or five.

I kept mine at around 65% for the first 25 days then boosted it to 85% until hatch. Don't rush it though. Geese can pip on day 28 and not actually hatch until Day 32+.

Quote:
ok thanks. Oh and i know this is a little off topic, but if you dont mind, could you please post a pic of your sebastopol? I saw on another post that you have just one. but if you cant thats fine.
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

I built my own incubator out of a cooler and had an "eggcellent" hatch rate except for the time the light bulb burned out and I didn't catch it in time (I lost all of that hatch.) I had a staggered hatch and would write the date I put them into the 'bator and the projected hatch date on the shell in pencil.

Each day I would open the 'bator and set a timer for 15 minutes. I would candle and do whatever else I needed to do and mist the eggs before I closed the 'bator for the day. I tried to maintain 65% but never kicked the humidity to 85% because of the staggered hatch dates.

I have 12 beautiful geese I hatched wintering over here in Minnesota!

Quote:
ok thanks. Oh and i know this is a little off topic, but if you dont mind, could you please post a pic of your sebastopol? I saw on another post that you have just one. but if you cant thats fine.
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

I think my only current photo is on my cell phone. I'll try to get some tomorrow if the weather cooperates.

Back
Top Bottom