Question on hatching quail and chicks

Yay congrats hopefully it’ll pop out soon but in my experience they all pip before any hatch or they pip and hatch in batches/groups can’t wait to see the little balls of joy.
there may be more pips. I almost missed this one as it is SOOOO much harder to see, not sure where they are tiny eggs so a tiny pip or the blue egg with speckles on it so hard to see..... but even knowing where it is now I can barely find it. LOL

hopefully I don't miss them all hatch since I am gone from 8-8 tomorrow, well home about an hour to change.. would be nice if at least one came out tonight before I went to bed or in the morning before I leave for work. But I do have my camera on them.

I can't wait to see them!!!!!! I have only hatched out standard size chicks so can only imagine how tiny these babies are going to seem!!!!

there may be more pips. I almost missed this one as it is SOOOO much harder to see, not sure where they are tiny eggs so a tiny pip or the blue egg with speckles on it so hard to see..... but even knowing where it is now I can barely find it. LOL

hopefully I don't miss them all hatch since I am gone from 8-8 tomorrow, well home about an hour to change.. would be nice if at least one came out tonight before I went to bed or in the morning before I leave for work. But I do have my camera on them.
Lol yeah most of the time until they pip bigger you have to shine light on it just right to see it and on the blue eggs it is 10x harder hopefully they hatch for you tonight I have a batch from my own quail that are on day 2 right now can’t wait until they are ready to hatch I accidentally dropped one and cracked it while candling today so I’m doing a experiment with it to see if it works.

5 pips. I think 1 quit which left me with 6. Hopefully the last one that was alive last night pips soon!!!!
Congrats with quail all you need is tons of patience only time I would worry is if they are piped without zipping for upwards of 32 hrs which is when I would start thinking about helping but they should come out just fine I have only had to help one baby out who is fine now running around the brooder only with wry neck which doesn’t bother him and is getting better.

Congrats with quail all you need is tons of patience only time I would worry is if they are piped without zipping for upwards of 32 hrs which is when I would start thinking about helping but they should come out just fine I have only had to help one baby out who is fine now running around the brooder only with wry neck which doesn’t bother him and is getting better.
Thanks. Ya not worried about the pipped ones but hate that 1 isn't pipped yet. Lol. I hate this part of hatching. It feels like it has been forever. Lol. Sure they will either wait till I go to bed or till I leave for work then all hatch. Lol

Thanks. Ya not worried about the pipped ones but hate that 1 isn't pipped yet. Lol. I hate this part of hatching. It feels like it has been forever. Lol. Sure they will either wait till I go to bed or till I leave for work then all hatch. Lol
Exactly they wait till you’re gone to hatch I sit there for hours watching my incubator then the minute I leave to go do something and I come back they are all running around lol.

Exactly they wait till you’re gone to hatch I sit there for hours watching my incubator then the minute I leave to go do something and I come back they are all running around lol.
LOL I have a camera on them so peek in on the camera when I am not peeking in the incubator. haahaa. I am going CRAZY waiting! I do with chickens too! I start to convince myself that they have all died and that is why they aren't zipping even though I know they need to absorb the yolk and veins before they can zip and that takes time. LOL Would think I would be used to it by now since I have already hatched out like 9-10 batches since Oct/Nov (can't remember when first one was) so LOTS of babies. And WOW quail are QUIET!!!! Normally my chicks are peeping in the shell and I haven't heard a single peep which doesn't help me to not worry.

LOL I have a camera on them so peek in on the camera when I am not peeking in the incubator. haahaa. I am going CRAZY waiting! I do with chickens too! I start to convince myself that they have all died and that is why they aren't zipping even though I know they need to absorb the yolk and veins before they can zip and that takes time. LOL Would think I would be used to it by now since I have already hatched out like 9-10 batches since Oct/Nov (can't remember when first one was) so LOTS of babies. And WOW quail are QUIET!!!! Normally my chicks are peeping in the shell and I haven't heard a single peep which doesn't help me to not worry.
Yeah whenever I hatch mine don’t peep till they are zipping and out and sometimes not at all they make up for it in their first 24-48 hrs they scream like crazy and do not stop.

Back
Top Bottom