quietest goose breed

cat1994

Songster
9 Years
Sep 12, 2010
Southeast MO
Hi, there has probably already been a discussion about this subject, but i was just wanting to see what breed of geese you guys thought was quietest. I have 3 african geese and i think they are very loud and really mean
hmm.png
once this guys are gone (either by dying or maybe me selling them) I want a breed of geese that has a better temperament and is not so loud (being loud is the big thing) i was hopeing to get a lil a help figuring out what breed fits this description

Our egyptian geese are very quiet, they don't honk they kind of hiss like muscovies. Their sound is much throatier than other geese(not sure how to explain it) But, they can be very aggressive, especially during breeding season. They will attack other animals and people. They do best mated in pairs also. They are excellent parents though. They hatch and raise their goslings together.
We have a white female egyptian that was rejected by a male egyptian, so she free ranges with our muscovies and gets along great with them and I think she truely think shes a muscovie...our drake thinks so too!!!!!

Good luck on your search...quiet and sweet would be nice!
Christie
big_smile.png

I have 4 American blue geese. They Honk when I let them out and put them up at night. If nothing bothers them in the day you wouldnt know they are there.

Quote:
Nice (docile) usually. Quiet? my rule of thumb is the lighter geese tend to chatter more, the pilgrims don't have the sheer volumn of the big geese, or chatter like the Chinas but get them excited and there is no way you could say they were quiet. Of course the size of the flock has a lot to do with noise. A mated pair is fairly quiet (what do they have to talk about?) but add a bird of either gender and the chatter doubles. etc.

Back
Top Bottom