R.I.P. Houdinni.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Chicken Frenzie, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    Rest in piece Houdinni! I always have loved you, my little magician. Houdinni was a Splash Dutch, show quality. We rescued her & two other SQ bantams on October 31st,2010. She was a great mother, and great friend.
    Apparently my dad found her dead on the floor of the coop. No idea what happened- we have seen a possum, but it has never attacked any of my chickens, so my dad is now setting a trap just incase it was the possum. My dad said there was blood on her neck, and the lightbulb was burned out. I miss her already.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. myfinefeatheredfriends

myfinefeatheredfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Ohio
    What a pretty girl! So sorry about your loss :(

3. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

So sorry....

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    What a little beauty. So sorry.

5. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

That first picture is awesome...

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I'm so sorry for your loss. [​IMG] She is so pretty.

7. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    I'm sorry for your loss. [​IMG] She sounded very special. [​IMG]

8. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    Thanks guys... well the opussum is no longer here... thank goodness. My dad is pretty sure it was an opossum because she was kind of ripped up. But I'm worried about her 'sister' Carmen. (Not really sisters, we just rescued them together) because she hung out with Houdinni. =/.

9. Was she a ascape artest? beccouse if she was then she lived to her name! so so sorry for your loss I know what it is like to lose someone you love so much I am soo sorry[​IMG][​IMG]

10. Was she a ascape aryest becouse if she was she lived to her name. Soooo sorry for your loss believe me I know what it feel's like![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by