Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I was wondering. Where are the newbies living right now?
The newbies are in a discarded (not connected) plastic laundry sink that I put in my spare bathroom. It is good because it is spacious and has high sides. But the smaller one (they haven't told me their names yet) is clearly thinking about flying. She keeps looking up and jumping!
Soon they will go into a separate area of the Chicken Palace so everyone can hear each other but not peck. Trouble is I like having them right next to me when I am working at home - I can 'pop in and play' - so I keep delaying moving them out of the bathroom. Maybe tomorrow!

OH YEA!!! so great,, that is why I took pic's--- Tomorrow I will do it again and let them stay out a bit longer, not loose alone with the big hens yet. I want to make 100% sure the hen are going to behave. I really think they are. The Australorps I had were not nice to the Buff Orph's
Its a good idea to keep an eye on the big ones but they do need to meet each other before you ever put them together. I think you are doing great. I love their little white wings by the way. :love

The newbies are in a discarded (not connected) plastic laundry sink that I put in my spare bathroom. It is good because it is spacious and has high sides. But the smaller one (they haven't told me their names yet) is clearly thinking about flying. She keeps looking up and jumping!
Soon they will go into a separate area of the Chicken Palace so everyone can hear each other but not peck. Trouble is I like having them right next to me when I am working at home - I can 'pop in and play' - so I keep delaying moving them out of the bathroom. Maybe tomorrow!
No need to hurry. Enjoy them while you can! :love

My legs are not happy with the running back and forth checking on the chicks every hour

On the subject of hidden nests, Rocket is still in the space I described in earlier posts, but I looked at her today. She looks weak and her comb is pale. She didn't come out at all, to feed with the flock. I'm thinking on removing her and her eggs from where they are, and back into a laying box in the coop. ANY SUGGESTIONS? :confused: :fl

On the subject of hidden nests, Rocket is still in the space I described in earlier posts, but I looked at her today. She looks weak and her comb is pale. She didn't come out at all, to feed with the flock. I'm thinking on removing her and her eggs from where they are, and back into a laying box in the coop. ANY SUGGESTIONS? :confused: :fl
I'm not much help. I could not move Sydney to her own coop and it was right next to the one she is in now. :confused:

I'm not much help. I could not move Sydney to her own coop and it was right next to the one she is in now. :confused:
I will leave her be for tonight, But I think a better place would be in the coop separated from the other girls. Every bird is different, so I really don't know what to do either. Thanks BOB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom