Raising Chicks On Corn does anyone do this ???

I feed my chicks starter crumbles because they have the nutrients needed for the chicks to grow into healthy strong birds. Corn should be a treat. I don't even feed my chicks corn until they are several weeks old.

Barley isn't the best option either. You should really use a mainstream feed like dumor or purina. It's more expensive than corn but is a lot better for your chickens!

yes i know your right thats what i normally use but i have like 5 bags of barley and don't even know what to do with it i guess ill just give it to the goats,and i live in alaska and can't grow everything i need to make chick starter and my goal is to try and grow my own feed and pretty much the only feed we can grow is hay and barley and potatoes
thanks

yes i know your right thats what i normally use but i have like 5 bags of barley and don't even know what to do with it i guess ill just give it to the goats,and i live in alaska and can't grow everything i need to make chick starter and my goal is to try and grow my own feed and pretty much the only feed we can grow is hay and barley and potatoes
thanks

You can maybe mix in barley to get rid of it, but not too much.

Back
Top Bottom