***RANT & VENT***

I haven't read the whole thread, but if you know your brother is a drug user and he is IN YOUR HOUSE, you are at risk!!! I know I have heard of vehicles and even homes seized by the police because of "drug activity", even if it isn't the vehicle's OWNER that is doing the activity, or the homeowner if it's a house.

Not to mention that his druggie friends might come over to share in his cool fortune, a nice place to live without much to do for it.

In the shorter term before you figure out what to do with HIM, I agree 100% on the dog: "CHAIN IT or I call Animal Control and have them pick it up." And tell him that if it is UNCHAINED and threatening your chickens or other livestock in ANY WAY, that you WILL SHOOT IT.

Oh dear I do hopw this all turns out. Its tough with an in-law living/mooching off of you. My ex-BIL was ALWAYS living with us. He stole our truck while we were on vacation and praked it in someone's living room... and his mother said that if we pressed charges she would kill us. He had druggies over, and when he got out of prison he lived with us again. His mother and father would not have him living in thier house, so they forced him on us (we had babies, they just had dogs) and ex-D**n Hubby was sucha momma's boy that he would have lit himself on fire for her. I feel terrible for you and can only tell you I feel your pain, and support you! Get rid of him and the dog, they are a danger to you and yours!

I just hope that she hides her possessions
I didnt even think of the taking homes and cars
they do that here
I see the name Glass often in the chat room

Why on earth is he still there after 2 months? Unless you set the rules straight YOU are allowing him to do what he wants.
Give him a "move your butt out" date, oh maybe 2-4 weeks and let him know that he's out whether he is ready or not. Stick to it.

Hi guys!

Thanks for all the great advise, and no, I haven't taken offence to anything anyone has said.

Sorry I wasn't on earlier...I am just so darn TIRED.

I told DH that supper would be a little late, because I was going to rest a bit before I started doing anything once I got home. So I streched out on the couch a bit.
Then I got up & made supper: Fried pork chops, turnip greens, potato salad, and a chocolate pie. No biscuits today...my kitchen is already too hot.

Then I made my rounds feeding & watering every one...That takes a couple hours because I like to watch them a bit & see how they are doing.

I'm just FINALLY sitting down from doing all that I getting online.

I am amazed at all the replies & it took me a few minutes to read each one.

The dog is not dead.

When my step-son saw it not on the chain last night, my brother had actually taken it inside the camper (I guess to keep it safe.) Our house doesn't have enough bedrooms for anyone else to be staying in, but we have a small hunting camper that stays parked in the front yard in the off season. He sleeps there.

Today, he asked my DH if it would be ok if he stayed at a friends for a few days. (I don't know why he would ask....he is grown) He told DH that he wasn't going to take all of his money with him to keep from spending it. Good move, I thought. Any way, he got a large tub & filled it with water and put a dog feeder out for the dog who IS on the chain. Of course, I'll check on it too when I make my rounds.

He gave me $60, which helped a lot. I think DH had a short talk with him about his future plans, or lack there of.

Oh...that song cracked me up...I've never haerd it before.

Just keep your fingers crossed for me. I've got to much crap to do to bother with a nervous breakdown...I just don't have the time.
barnie.gif

Your evening yesterday wasn't as dramatic as I imagined it was! I'm glad things are looking up. We were worried about you!

Yeah, I'm glad it wasn't.
I went out to see where it was if it wasn't on the chain. He had it with him.

And it is funny how this turned out to be more a rant about him. And it does fit nicely in the "pest" forum....

When he gets back, I am going to have a nice sit down with him, and use a lot of the advise I got here.

Thanks so much.

Do you mind telling his drug of choice if you know
Different drugs do different things
please don't say that he likes to use meth
or heroin
and does he drink with it

He was on meth when he lived with "mom"...she used to make it. That crazy woman tried to get me to do coke with her when I was 13.

He had a girlfriend when they came to live over here....he told her she had to clean up, so she left instead.
I took him & her both to rehab & they stayed the full time just before they got kicked out...I do think he's backslide a bit, and I think that may be why he left a couple weeks ago & stayed gone so long.

He says he was just hanging out & playing pool, and I hope that's the truth, but I get a feeling it's not.

All I know is that he does not do it here. I can spot someone's who's high in a second ( my ex made me an expert on detecting ppl who are high), and I haven't seen him on anything HERE.

And he'd dang well better keep it that way.

Back
Top Bottom