***RANT & VENT***

Mrs. Glassman :

I can't deal with this crap. He makes as much drawing unemployment as my DH & I do WORKING.

Mrs. Glassman, this song is for your husband. It's called "He's my brother-in-law" by comedian Tim Wilson.

Well, he comes over to the house in a three day beard
Sleeps on the couch, makes the place smell wierd
He's on something and it darn sure ain't the job

He scares the kids stays on the phone
He's got a car somewhere for me to co-sign on
He's been disowned and his wife's run off with Bob

She finally told him he wasn't worth a darn
He tries to blame it all on Vietnam
But he wasn't there, he was twelve in seventy-four

And he's got a bad back and a messy divorce
He's got a workman's comp. case tied up in court
He can't move and I can darn sure vouch for that

(1st chorus)
He's my brother-in-law
He's from Arkansas
Lord, the best man at my wedding and the worst I ever saw
He's living off of me
He's the baby of the family
My wife won't let me shoot him cause he's my brother-in-law

Everyday he smokes four packs of menthols
Makes about eight more long distance calls
Snorts alcohol
Talks like Dusty Rhodes
And he'll go through your wallet with a fine tooth comb
And eat your family out of house and home
He'll cuss out your preacher and stop up your commode

(2nd chorus)
He's my brother-in-law
He's got nothing on the ball
The kind of man who would rob from Peter and write a bad check to Paul
He's gotten out of hand
He oughta be a congressman
He's the kinda fella that I can't stand and he's my brother-in-law

Oh, he's the generic brand and he's my brother-in-lawwwwwwwww

(Listen to it on youtube here .)​

Last edited:
Love the song!

But where is the original poster? Last we heard the dog was off the chain last night and then ---
nothing. Don't leave us all hanging!

Last edited:
If I could, I would do
smack.gif
for her and her family . . . .

I hope she hasn't decided to do in the dog AND the brother.
fl.gif

hugs.gif
to you Mrs. Glassman

We need a prayer emoticon (or am I missing it)

Do not take a cent in rent money. It will delay your right unload him in a legal, legit manner by thirty days.

Give him a three day notice to pay or quit. After he does not pay, which he will not, file an eviction notice. After thirty days of loafing and oafing around the marshall can come drag him out kicking and screaming legally.

In the meantime, if you see him breaking the law, call The Law and maybe they can give him free room and board a few weeks while the clock runs out on your thirty day eviction notice. Consider it a gift from above.

After he is fully, legally evicted, you have to keep his stuff for another thirty days in which he has time to come get it or have it come and gotten by a friend. The dog you can turn over to animal control as abandoned or have it put to sleep if it is really that bad of a dog.

Sorry for your situation. I have a situation with my sister right now and should take my own advice. The only difference is she is not a junkie, but she does zonk out on prescription drugs and feel sorry for herself and act like a useless sow.

If you choose to kill the dog, a shot behind the skull next to the ear is quick and painless. Dog will not suffer. As for your brother, he's 34. He's an adult. Time he stepped up to the plate and acted like one.

MRS. Glassman,
Please forgive me if you feel that I am being to harsh on you, that is not my intentions. First of all we can not choose our family but we can choose our friends. With that being said: you're an enabler. Most of us are when it comes to the ones that we choose to love
However your brother is on drugs, the only way to get him off of drugs in his case being that he is an adult, is to make him hit rock bottom. With adults hitting rock bottom usually means being arrested. It would be much harder for him to get his drug of choice in jail. Further he would or could get the help that he needs in jail. Please understand that if meth or meth type drugs is his drug of choice and he is using booze as well it will be much harder for him to get off drugs. If that is the case you have your hands full. Meth users hallucinate and get paranoid, resulting in unbelievable physical strength. He fought with his land lords son what makes you think that he wont fight with you or your family members
Ask him why he has animals and why he fell behind with his rent
There are lots of support groups for family members with a loved on on drugs.
I have been to support groups and the first thing that is learned is tough love
If you love your brother put him out or make him get help
dont loose your marriage and family to a loved one on drugs
stop thinking about your childhood with him and start thinking about the wrongs that he had done and is doing now
remember that desperate people do disparate things. If he is living rent free that gives him more money to party with
further he can't collect unemployment forever

Back
Top Bottom