RAREROO's sussexs - we are now on day 20!

Well.........anything happening???? Inquiring minds wanna know.
big_smile.png

Nope, I am sitting here heartbroken. I actually opened two of them that were moving when they went into the incubator and they were dead fully formed chicks. After I put them in the hatcher, two of them rocked briefly and that was all. Nothing.
hit.gif
This is the second batch that made it to day 18 and died in the shells fully formed without hatching. I have two different hathcer, I have used two different thermometers and two different humidity thingies.I don't know what to think!

What has your humidity been in the hatchers? What has it been in your incubator? I tend to keep things dryer in my incubators and really wet in my hatchers and it works for me for some reason.

My first hatch did that, though I only had two, but they died in the shell. One wasn't even a shipped egg. For me, it was that the humidity was off. I haven't had a problem with it since I went with the dry, then wet method.

The other thing I do differently now is that I move eggs to the hatcher either a day or two earlier than I should and my hatch rates went up. Even if I hand turn in the last day or so, it's an improvement over what I was getting when the eggs were in auto turners on part of day 18. (You're mileage may vary, but it might be worth a try since you haven't gotten anything.)

Back
Top Bottom