Raw feeders, I got a question for you!

Why won't you just add small portions of actual juicy raw food to his regular feed instead of some gimmicky freeze dried in a bag?

Disclaimer: I am a dog raw feeder.
I wouldn't call freeze dried raw gimmicky. The process of freeze drying doesn't cook the food, and it doesn't cause any nutrient loss. It freezes the food, then turns it directly to a vapor so it never goes to a liquid stage. The food never has to be heated, so technically its still a live food, and still raw. Freeze dried raw is usually preferred of ready storage. Plus you don't have to thaw it. I keep it on hand for when I run out of dog food, or if I can't source the ingredients for my raw dog food but the time I run out.

I would say it's good. No grains, no veggies. I introduced my dog to raw with a kibble that had freeze dried raw bits in it. He really liked them.

I suggest you add water though. The number one killer of cats is kidney failure. It's important that they get enough water/liquid in their diet to keep their kidneys functioning correctly. It's good to add water to dry food too.

I'd advise you not to fully switch to raw until you are sure you will fulfill all the cat's dietary needs. A well-balanced dry food is better than an unbalanced raw diet. Paws of Prey is a great YouTube channel with tons of great info. She feeds a dog, cat, and ferret a raw diet so there are topics on all of them. There are videos that are cats only. She also did a review on different commercially available raw feeds a while back. Might be worth a watch.

I would say it's good. No grains, no veggies. I introduced my dog to raw with a kibble that had freeze dried raw bits in it. He really liked them.

I suggest you add water though. The number one killer of cats is kidney failure. It's important that they get enough water/liquid in their diet to keep their kidneys functioning correctly. It's good to add water to dry food too.

I'd advise you not to fully switch to raw until you are sure you will fulfill all the cat's dietary needs. A well-balanced dry food is better than an unbalanced raw diet. Paws of Prey is a great YouTube channel with tons of great info. She feeds a dog, cat, and ferret a raw diet so there are topics on all of them. There are videos that are cats only. She also did a review on different commercially available raw feeds a while back. Might be worth a watch.
Paws of prey is my favorite youtube channel!!

Back
Top Bottom