Ready Set Hatch! Set 3/17 Hatch 4/7 - ready now! Hatch-Along

Ok just candle the first batch of eggs! Out for 80 eggs 78 are really good! Second batch of eggs will be candles in a few days!

Last edited:
Morning!

Pam, that looks like a great set up! I used some glass jars as heat sinks in my Hova-bator and it really made a difference to holding temp. This time I am using my water trays, so I have large trays with deep water to retain temp in the body of water. Issue I have had with that is as the water level evaporates, the humidity level goes down. Starts at 55%, and I need to refill at about 47% (that's when the small tray is almost empty)

I really like it, you have done some great work.

Morning!

Pam, that looks like a great set up! I used some glass jars as heat sinks in my Hova-bator and it really made a difference to holding temp. This time I am using my water trays, so I have large trays with deep water to retain temp in the body of water. Issue I have had with that is as the water level evaporates, the humidity level goes down. Starts at 55%, and I need to refill at about 47% (that's when the small tray is almost empty)

I really like it, you have done some great work.

Thank you- we're very happy with how stable it's been running. Sounds like yours is doing a great job! How often do you need to add water to keep it over 47%?

Pstines5- wow! Fantastic! Any pictures? I'm so disappointed I couldn't get any pics of mine.

UPDATE: ok just candled the yesterday tossed 2 so now I have 4 D'uccle eggs and 15 game eggs left! Hopefully the rest of my D'uccle eggs will hatch. Ugh.

Back
Top Bottom