Recommendations for waters...

I’m looking for recommendations for a good water for my flock. Something that doesnt leak and noteasily knocked over.
:welcome :frow I have auto waterers at all of my coops but I have a lot of birds. I do like the Easy-Fill waterers. I do set them up on blocks.
EZFillWaterer.jpg

So you already have an established flock? If I could have a do-over I'd use the cup or nipple-waters, but I could never get my flock to use them. I just use the common gravity fed waterers from TSC and other feed stores. I scrub them once a week and have them sitting on level blocks, usually outside the coop.

The cup and nipple waters seem like the cleanest and most sanitary.

How big a flock??? I use a rain fed (gutter off the roof) 275 gal food grade tote, to which I've attached PVC at the base and a series of poultry watering cups. But if you only have a couple birds, and a small area reserved for them, my solution is overkill. Likewise if you have access to running water - I don't (easily) at either of my coops, unless I want to hook 275' of garden hose together.

(Photo from before the gutter was attached. The automatic dog bowl is for the goat.)

1617637203604.png

So you already have an established flock? If I could have a do-over I'd use the cup or nipple-waters, but I could never get my flock to use them. I just use the common gravity fed waterers from TSC and other feed stores. I scrub them once a week and have them sitting on level blocks, usually outside the coop.

The cup and nipple waters seem like the cleanest and most sanitary.
I originally used the cups and they tend to get pretty nasty, so I switched to the nipples, way better! My system is hooked up to a 5gallon bucket. Everything gets cleaned once a week easy breezy 😉

I have one of these (might be another brand - Harris Farms) in my grow out box. DO NOT recommend. Leaks. Where it twists together tends to collect dirt, dust, and everything else... Its so bad, I've taken to filling large margarine tubs with water for my birds before the join the main flock, and I'm thinking of pouring an inch or so of concrete into the bottom, to keep them from tipping. Then melting a bit of wax on top of that to seal the 'crete.

1617637844631.png

Back
Top Bottom