Recommended Bird(s) for 8 Year Old

I dont know what parakeets yous are all talking about but they can bite and make you bleed I breed them and they can have a bad bite unless you get a tame bird from a breeder im pretty sure the kid will get bored of it as it wont be tamed i would not recommend a bird to any kid unless the kid saves up his own money to buy everything thats what I did as a child and have had them every since

Isn't there only one type of parakeet? I never personally saved up for my birds, and I never got bored. All the chirping and singing every single day kept me entertained. They also give warning bites, they don't make you bleed right away, but they certainly can. I found it to be fun while training the bird as well as having them trained after. Plus, it feels like a great accomplishment after you do so. I guess everyone has their personal opinion, but IMO, parakeets make great pets for kids.

Isn't there only one type of parakeet? I never personally saved up for my birds, and I never got bored. All the chirping and singing every single day kept me entertained. They also give warning bites, they don't make you bleed right away, but they certainly can. I found it to be fun while training the bird as well as having them trained after. Plus, it feels like a great accomplishment after you do so. I guess everyone has their personal opinion, but IMO, parakeets make great pets for kids.
Parakeets are a species of birds with a long tail ie: budgies,quakers,ringnecks etc budgies are a sub species of parakeets

There are different budgies, too. There are "regular" budgies and there are "show budgies". The show budgies are bigger. Not sure about any substantial differences in personality etc. A bird can certainly bite, but when you work to make it trust you and it does get to trust you, it won't. My galah used to bite (not real biting, she was just 'nippy') when I first adopted her. She doesn't now. She knows I'm "her people" and she's not unsure and afraid to feel the need to keep me "in check". I'm also more relaxed with her because I know she won't bite me. We are "simpatico". A young child who wants to have a bird and put in the time to gain its trust can have a wonderful pet.

There are different budgies, too. There are "regular" budgies and there are "show budgies". The show budgies are bigger. Not sure about any substantial differences in personality etc. A bird can certainly bite, but when you work to make it trust you and it does get to trust you, it won't. My galah used to bite (not real biting, she was just 'nippy') when I first adopted her. She doesn't now. She knows I'm "her people" and she's not unsure and afraid to feel the need to keep me "in check". I'm also more relaxed with her because I know she won't bite me. We are "simpatico". A young child who wants to have a bird and put in the time to gain its trust can have a wonderful pet.
Actually theres three types bush budgies are wild budgies then american or australian are the ones you see in stores then they're english budgies which are bred bigger but all originally came from the bush budgie which are even smaller then the american/australian

Hi kids!!! So, is NOW a good time to look for budgies for the kiddo? I wanted to make sure I got them around spring time since y'all said this is when they'll be babies.

Back
Top Bottom