Red mulch in Turkey run?

wonderlandfly

Chirping
Aug 29, 2023
I’m wondering if it is okay to use red mulch in my turkey run so that I can make it deep litter method for it. Is red mulch ok for turkeys and chickens? Thank you

It's supposed to be stable. It is unlikely that it is harmful. Personally, I would think the non-dyed mulch would be less expensive. The dye is for looks only.
Ok thank you for letting me know. When I visited the store that was all they had, so I got some bags of it but then I wondered if it could be bad for Turkeys since it’s red and not brown like I have seen in videos talking about deep litter methods for runs.

Ok thank you for letting me know. When I visited the store that was all they had, so I got some bags of it but then I wondered if it could be bad for Turkeys since it’s red and not brown like I have seen in videos talking about deep litter methods for runs.
Lots of people get chips from tree services, usually free. Some people had problems with fresh chips and respiratory problems. Left in a pile for a couple months before using seems to get rid of the issue.

Back
Top Bottom