Reintroduce injured duck

jennyman

Chirping
Apr 9, 2020
Hello All!

I have an injured duck who has been separated from her fellow ducks for about a week. Looks like another week inside for her. This is our first time reintroducing an injured birds. We tried once in the garage and the other two ducks tried to attack her. Right now I'm outside with her while she is in a dog crate. See picture. I'm not sure what the process is for this. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Attachments

• 20211024_163652.jpg
    20211024_163652.jpg
    699.9 KB · Views: 12
A set up like that should work, it could take a week or 2 before they accept her. It looks like the other 2 are the same breed and this one is different? Maybe that's why there is a little more pecking order going on. Also, some pecking order has to occur in order to reestablish the flock dynamics. If it were me, I might lock up the most aggressive one and let the injured one out to hang with the other to see how that goes.

A set up like that should work, it could take a week or 2 before they accept her. It looks like the other 2 are the same breed and this one is different? Maybe that's why there is a little more pecking order going on. Also, some pecking order has to occur in order to reestablish the flock dynamics. If it were me, I might lock up the most aggressive one and let the injured one out to hang with the other to see how that goes.
Hey! Thanks for the info! We raised 5 ducks from birth 3 different breeds and 2 of the same breed. That's a great idea. Right now it's hard to tell who is the nice one. They have both gone over to have what seems like an argument with her. This is her first time being in the pen. Not sure how much I should be getting involved etc.

Back
Top Bottom