Remember my skinny pony?

Chick_a_dee

Songster
11 Years
May 23, 2008
Peterborough, ON
Hey do you guys remember my skinny 1/4 horse X? Well Luna is doing great and has gotten well..fat! more or less haha.

She's filled out a lot and is doing fantastic on 1/2 scoop a day of Purina Hi Fat Hi Fibre Pellets. As soon as she's at a desirable weight she'll be taken down to 1/4 scoop a day until the bags gone and then we'll go to a maintainence food until summer. She had her feet trimmed about a week ago and was a bit ticked at being bothered at first but the farrier was competant and got her to listen by her second foot lol. Farrier said her feet are in good shape now, no signs of founder and she hasn't shown any signs of colic either so we're doing well here! She has developed some muscle in her butt and back legs, and i've free lunged her in the field a couple times. i noticed she's lazy and clips her back hooves together so she wears bell boots on the backs for working as per suggestion of our trusty tack store lady at Wilton tack.

Anyway... here is spunky little Luna! Blanket is off and she's getting her shiny and pretty summer coat in, i think she has had an ill-fitting saddle at some point as she has rub marks on her back in the shape of a saddle.

FARM3.jpg

lunaandfran.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
She's approx 8 years old. Haha and that's Luna's pasture
smile.png
We have a 120x60 grass ring with similar fencing up by the barn that needs re-seeding before she can be lunged in it.

Back
Top Bottom