Remember when America's dollar was the most powerful dollar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Cheap prices for items produced overseas to avoid regulation usually comes with the high price tag of human suffering.

People need to figure out what exactly is more important.

Wait. The cynic in me says that most of them will choose the cheaper item over the health and welfare of the human race. In fact, many of them already do, because it's not THEIR family being affected.

If it makes you feel better all that e-waste is from supplying us and other first world countries with every gadget that comes out of a factory and yes getting a degree these days requires those evil computer e-wastes. Buthey I hear online degrees are getting cheaper.
wink.png
smile.png

Quote:
My degree program (a year away from completion now, it's only taken *coughcoughafewyears* to get this far...) is in reverse logistics. In other words, how to get rid of the "stuff" that people use. Including high dollar e-waste. Should I mention the computer parts that contain hazardous materials that are being dumped in developing nations because of the lack of regulations in those nations? What about the safety of the population?

People need to remember that businesses care about the bottom line and the profit margin. They don't give a crap about the people. OSHA, labor laws, etc are there to benefit the PEOPLE. They are expensive to the corporation, so instead they take their little ditty bags and go to where they can run their $1/hour sweatshop with child labor and women who get raped by their supervisors if they don't maintain their production rates.

Quote:
Hmmm. Is that your attempt at baiting me? If it is, it's not working. It isn't the fact that there is e-waste to dispose of isn't what bothered me. It is the fact that instead of getting rid of it responsibly (which, btw, would pass some cost of the disposal back to the consumer... which should be expected), they chose to be shady and dispose of these toxic parts in developing countries, making people sick and causing all kinds of environmental problems in order to save money.

So you can take your troll poking stick somewhere else, man.

Quote:
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
You so funny.......

U.S. income tax rate: 35%
China income tax rate: 45%
Taiwan income tax rate: 40%
Thailand income tax rate: 37%
S. Korea income tax rate: 38.5%

Your argument, it is invalid.

Soooooooooo....... When did we as a country invoke a federal income tax? Rember the tea party, December 16, 1773? No, not those who oppose obama, but the origional.. what sparked a revolution, a declaration of independance, and the start of the American Elightenment?

Yup, taxation without representation (how many americans like what our guberment is doin? 'nuff said) and honestly, who in their right mind wants the gooberment to spend 500k on a study on how to make peenuts grow better? I got a 47$ hammer to sell you if you say yes
wink.png

Quote:
SSSHHHH.....they'll hear you.

wink.png

Us? Or the anarchists?

Quote:
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
You so funny.......

U.S. income tax rate: 35%
China income tax rate: 45%
Taiwan income tax rate: 40%
Thailand income tax rate: 37%
S. Korea income tax rate: 38.5%

Your argument, it is invalid.

Soooooooooo....... When did we as a country invoke a federal income tax? Rember the tea party, December 16, 1773? No, not those who oppose obama, but the origional.. what sparked a revolution, a declaration of independance, and the start of the American Elightenment?

Yup, taxation without representation (how many americans like what our guberment is doin? 'nuff said) and honestly, who in their right mind wants the gooberment to spend 500k on a study on how to make peenuts grow better? I got a 47$ hammer to sell you if you say yes
wink.png

Is that the best you can do on that hammer?
hide.gif

Quote:
My degree program (a year away from completion now, it's only taken *coughcoughafewyears* to get this far...) is in reverse logistics. In other words, how to get rid of the "stuff" that people use. Including high dollar e-waste. Should I mention the computer parts that contain hazardous materials that are being dumped in developing nations because of the lack of regulations in those nations? What about the safety of the population?

People need to remember that businesses care about the bottom line and the profit margin. They don't give a crap about the people. OSHA, labor laws, etc are there to benefit the PEOPLE. They are expensive to the corporation, so instead they take their little ditty bags and go to where they can run their $1/hour sweatshop with child labor and women who get raped by their supervisors if they don't maintain their production rates.

Ok, full stop please.

I work for an electronics company. I oversee 75% of the production floor and I must say.. Yes, we are a multi-national company. Main man is located to our north, but we have companies through-out europe, mexico, and the asian empire. We build parts for things that make the world go 'round.

I know nothing about what you are talking about so please. I beg of you, please, provide some links to credible information.

Last edited:
Quote:

wink.png

Is that the best you can do on that hammer?
hide.gif

Geeps, for you I'll drop it to $27
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom