Removable roosts!

Not sure what you mean. The 2x4s are wide side up. But I'm not so sure that the 2x4s were the best roost option. Half of them sleep on the 1" poop-board frame, the other half on the 2x4s, but have a hard time holding onto and walking on them. I'm thinking the 2-3" tree branches would be easier for them. We did sand them down on top so they're a little more like 3" on the top. Here is my setup. The left roost is 9.5 feet, the right roost is 5.5 feet which is way more than what the 16 hens actually use. (But it gives them space when it's hot and they don't yet really like each other. Even after 3 months.)

'

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean. The 2x4s are wide side up. But I'm not so sure that the 2x4s were the best roost option. Half of them sleep on the 1" poop-board frame, the other half on the 2x4s, but have a hard time holding onto and walking on them. I'm thinking the 2-3" tree branches would be easier for them. We did sand them down on top so they're a little more like 3" on the top. Here is my setup. The left roost is 9.5 feet, the right roost is 5.5 feet which is way more than what the 16 hens actually use. (But it gives them space when it's hot and they don't yet really like each other. Even after 3 months.)

Sorry, I guess I was referring to the user name: Nicole01 since she posted the first pics of the metal brace. However, your setup is very, very nice too. They should huddle up once it gets cold....mine do but in warmer months they prefer their space between one another.

Back
Top Bottom