Remove Heat Lamp??

Pinguanddibdab

Songster
5 Years
Jun 21, 2018
Hello,
I have three, month old Indian runners. I am planning on keeping them inside (in my bedroom) until fully feathered. This is naturally quite a warm room. Would it be okay for me to remove the heat lamp?

Also what age do ducklings stop needing food and water overnight?

Thank you x

I think it would be fine without heat-lamp. I also think you can feed them only during daylight hours. When it is dark, ducks will sleep.
No location in your profile, so no idea what climate you are in. If it is somewhat mild temps outside, It would be nice for them to sample outdoors, supervised of course.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

I think it would be fine without heat-lamp. I also think you can feed them only during daylight hours. When it is dark, ducks will sleep.
No location in your profile, so no idea what climate you are in. If it is somewhat mild temps outside, It would be nice for them to sample outdoors, supervised of course.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:
I'm in the UK so it's cold nights but is warming in the days at the moment. They go outside during the day In a run but come in when it starts to get cold x

My 5,not even two week old ducks, barely want the lamp. Its about 65-70 in the garage, and only when its chilly/windy and after their bath do I lower it a little from its highest position. Its also angled away from the center. They are Pekin and Blue Swedish. Maybe it’s because they are bigger bodied ducks? Seems odd they have moved away from it this early.

Back
Top Bottom