Reptile Club! <3

May I ask a question?
Anyone with knowledge can answer it.
What would be recommended as a good beginners snake?
Corn?
Ball?
Royal?
Milk??

Idk
Corn snakes are the best beginner snakes. They are very tame even when wild caught as adults,, they always eat well either live or frozen/ thawed, they are very tolerant of temperature and humidity errors (though you should still do your best to provide optimum set up) they come in a wide variety of morphs but even the "regular" have nice patterns and colors and they are pretty inexpensive so you don't invest a lot of money in case something happens and you don't decide to keep it (which is very sad but I see it way too often) Ball pythons can by iffy, especially some morphs that look pretty but have neurological issues and they are not as tolerant of mistakes a new keeper might make. Royal python is the same thing as a ball. Milk snakes or king snakes are another good choice but they can be more aggressive and some species are just not as easy they also eat other snakes and I have seen people mess up that way too! I always tell people to start with corn snakes.

I have a tortoise. Malcolm the Marginated. I’m not sure yet if he is male as he’s only 2 years old so goodness knows what I will do if he is actually a female! :lol:
C9A23638-047C-4CE0-9F79-3F0A66F9724C.jpeg

That's very interesting and helpful.
Thanks a lot!
Was enough trouble trying to get my parents to let me have that one let alone another, but hopefully in the future I will be breeding it.
Oh, and by the way it is definitely a male. I had it probed.
Many years ago, shortly after I married my wife she was very afraid of snakes and did not want me to have them. It was that oketee corn snake I mentioned that changed her mind. When I brought it home it was cut up and had broken ribs from the weed wacker, she only let me have it in the house because it was hurt and she will not turn away a hurt animal. By the time it was healthy enough to be released she was hooked and then got really into the snakes and I could get as many as I wanted. She even had a few of her own. Once your parents see how cool that corn is and especially if you can get them to interact with it, their attitude will change. Corn snakes are the best ambassadors of the retile world because you can help but love them.

You found a compassionate woman, (Hard to find)! congratulations
Actually I think there are more of them than people think. The problem is that "normal" people make fun of them and make them feel that their efforts are not worth while. We need to learn to appreciate and celebrate the compassionate people we run into instead of teasing them and maybe more of them will reveal themselves. End of today's sermon!

Back
Top Bottom