Rescued chick from cat (*Update* Coop page 26!)

WOW..........SO AWESOME.............
I think that chick is only 1-2 weeks old though...noway is it 3 weeks old. enjoy this baby...........
ya.gif
it's a gift.

And make sure you keep updating those pictures, so maybe we can see what kind of girl she is!

This is such a precious story and that chick is too cute! So glad kitty didn't get to enjoy his chicken nugget snack
smile.png
Best of luck to you, you really oughtta think about finding him/her a fuzzy little friend to grow up with. That way when your working crazy nursing shifts the little bugger won't be cold and lonely!

Steve, I've noticed that, too. Everyone is so kind and warm here!
hugs.gif

A few minutes ago she was taking her a little dust bath. When she first started doing it I was like
ep.gif
and immediately youtubed "chick dust bath"

I've had her for about two weeks now, and when I got her she was definitely a lot smaller, so she may be two and a half weeks? I just know she's a least two weeks
lol.png

Also, I've been looking for her a friend. Calling around, googling local farm supplies... but it seems NOWHERE in Alabama has a nice supply of chicks up for sale
hit.gif
Does anyone have any ideas on how I could come across a little chick for my girl? I even resorted to Craigslist and couldn't find anything. I'm not picky, I just want to get her a friend
sad.png

I've been doing my chicken research, and if I COULD be choosey on a breed for her friend, I'd pick a Dominique for sure! But I'll take whatever I can find just so I can make her (and her new buddy!) happy little girls.

all of our local farm stores now have their Fall chicks in. You might want to give it another shot. We have TSC (tractor supply), Atwoods, Orschelons, and a few littler ones, too. Even our CoOp gets in chicks around this time. There should be some selection. AND... if none of that works, you can order a min of 3 chicks with MyPetChicken or MeyerHatchery-- both of them have a 3 chick min. Then you could choose Girls (pullets) and be sure you don't get a rooster, and get the exact breed you want, too. You might even get them shipped right away, depending on availability.

Yeah, I've checked out MyPetChicken and MeyerHatchery but I wanted to go with somewhere local to avoid shipping costs and because I don't need newborn chickies and I think that's all they'll ship. We have two TSCs nearby so I'll check those out this weekend for sure. I don't see on their website anywhere that they sell chicks but maybe they're just unlisted?

Edit: Just called the local TSC and they said they only sell chicks in March and April. Boo
sad.png
They said they could special order but I'd have to get 25. Bah.

Last edited:
oh that's too bad about TSC! We have an Atwoods, and all this week, I go look at the stock tank full of chicks- they are just adorable! Maybe you could do a search for farm stores in your area. Seems like all of our farm stores have chicks in right now. But they'll be gone fast- they don't sell them past September. Give them a call and if they have them, see if they can set back a couple until you get there. I swear, those chicks go FAST! I was in getting feed a couple days ago and some guy came in and bought 15 chicks and cleared out the rest of the straight run. A couple days later, our farm store re-ordered and got a bunch more in... but it pays to be quick. Hope you have better luck. AND-- you can post a 'wanted' ad on the livestock on CraigsList for chicks. Just because they are listed doesn't mean people don't have them.

Back
Top Bottom