Rest in peace my Dear Sweet Sophie.... My Diva chicken

chickenzoo

Emu Hugger
14 Years
Mar 10, 2008
a bumpy dirt road in Florida
My husband and I are both crying our eyes out, I just got home from the hospital today and Sophie waited till I got back to hold her before she passed. She hadn't been feeling well this last week....... I did everything I knew, she just was off and not wanting to eat...... I just don't know... She just died in my arms..... My truck riding chicken, my little diva girl..... I'll miss her so much.....
I'll miss her running the house, her finding me in my office, her talking to me. I don't feel like having chickens anymore...I'm so tired of this.

7205_sophie2.jpg

Last edited:
I am so sorry.

Hugs to you. I am glad you are home from surgery, and I hope things went well. What a difficult situation to face after being in the hospital. I believe that pets hang on for us sometimes. To see us one last time and say good-bye.

hugs.gif

Last edited:
I'm SO sorry! I lost a diva chicken this week as well. She helped me weed my garden, she followed me everywhere I went. Her name was Marilyn, after Marilyn Monroe, because she was platinum blonde and fearless. I'll miss her SOOO much! My husband was also devastated- he even told all his poker buddies that his "favorite" chicken died!
I feel your pain. I too felt like I didn't want to do this anymore. But I love the others too and someday there will be another chicken that'll join Marilyn in my heart. No one will EVER replace her though.

hit.gif
hugs.gif
:hugs

I'm so sorry for your loss. It is so hard. Please don't give up on chickens though. There is another Sophie out there that wants you to be her human to wait on her beak and foot.

What a terrible discovery to find after your own ordeal. So sorry.

Back
Top Bottom