Rhode Island White Thread

Pics
I am getting mine on May 30th I'm about as anxious as you are. Mine are coming from KS , my wife and I are going to go up n spend the night before, then head back on Saturday with 50 baby chicks in the back
smile.png
Awesome! Good luck. I actually don't know how many I am getting. I talked to them on the phone and they said I could for sure get at least five, possibly up to ten (the maximum for the breed) and the rest I would take absolutely anything else they had laying around to make up the minimum order without causing delays.

Do you know there is a Facebook page for this breed?
Rose Comb Rhode Island Whites.
Pretty quiet group but every so often somebody says something.

Duane Urch birds are the same line as what you will get in KS. I have a good female and a so so from there. Same for the males but at least it is start. We cannot let this breed die out ... I have shipped several sets of eggs this year trying to get the breed up and going.

Thank you Rob for the eggs. I hope the ones I sent to you hatched ok. Looking forward to watching them grow.

Here are a few chicks of my pure SC RIR, RC RIR and RC RIW chicks. Theae chicks are around a month old. This is their coop and their shade table.

This a couple of weeks ago when I put the chicks in their coop. One side is one family and the other side of the coop is another family.

No thank you Cmom... I got 7 chicks which is better than no chicks. Looks like you did better than I. As we all have said shipping eggs and getting them to hatch is a shot in the dark. I sent my eggs to a friend because he has great hatches. There were plenty that were fertile but like usual as they developed they would stop here and there. I am thankful that we traded eggs. This is the only way we will get the breed to grow is if we trade eggs/chicks. This gives me more blood lines to work with. So far I have about 100 chicks with another 45 possibles.

Here is a pic to the ones from the eggs you sent me -7

Here is a pic of my line of chicks hatched at the same time - 17 out of 24

If you notice some have gray coloring. I am told that that means they carry the silver gene.

I'll have to get a picture of the chicks from the eggs you sent me. Also I hatched out a few more of my Rose Comb Sex-Links. They are eventually going to another home so I will still be able to see what they look like as they grow up. Maybe I'll keep one of the females.

Well I can officially say I have RCRIW chickens as of now I have 51 chicks ! Hopefully this time next year I will of helped someone else get started with them. I never hear anything bad about this breed but they are pretty hard to come by. My goal is to raise a couple hundred of them next year. I need to get a copy of the STANDARD OF PERFECTION and try hard to keep these chicks heading in that direction.

Thanks to Google I found you all. After a few years of searching, we finally decided on a breed to raise and it is the rose comb rhode island white. Part of the decision came from an article in the magazine they publish for free for Tractor Supply. Too late for this year to get some thanks to all the AI scares and restrictions going on. Add to that, since we hadn't decided on an official breed to raise, we bought some colored layers. Picked up that publication a little too late. So in 2017 or 2018 we are going to add some of these gorgeous birds to our place. Any leads any of you can give for shipped eggs or chicks, would be helpful. We are planners, so the longer wait is no problem. It just means that we will put more research into the breed. Can't wait to raise this wonderful breed and help preserve it for future generations.

Back
Top Bottom