Ribh's D'Coopage

MaryJanet

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
Dec 24, 2018
Adelaide, South Australia
My Coop
I go back to DOS 3.0 on the 8088 processor. Not quite as far as you.
At home, I go back to Windows 3.1 on a 386. But I'd already been using unix and macs at uni. Unix was my favourite. When apple decided to put unix under their GUI, I started choosing macbooks and I've been satisfied with them ever since. It's usually the battery that fails or software bloat taking up the processing cycles that makes them unusable.

RoyalChick

Crowing
Nov 3, 2019
Northern New Jersey
My Coop
You're all talking American again but I get the gist. I presume Oregon trail is something kids do when they're kept in at lunchtime. We used to sit and sing songs.
Honestly I am not sure they are talking American (I think I understand that mostly). I think they may be talking Young-Person which is completely incomprehensible to me.

BY Bob

Proprietor, Fluffy Butt Acres
Premium Feather Member
Jan 1, 2016
Hershey, PA
You're all talking American again but I get the gist. I presume Oregon trail is something kids do when they're kept in at lunchtime. We used to sit and sing songs.
Oregon Trail was an early computer game where you were an early settler in the American west with a covered wagon. You had to get your family safely to Oregon. My youngest daughter never actually made it alive. It is a bit of a family joke with us. The game was a bit like Australia, everything could kill you and your family. Dysentery, scarlet fever, rattle snakes, freak snow storms, all the perils of the journey west were in there.

Top Bottom