Ribh's D'Coopage

As I was waiting for madam Tack to finish messing about and go back to her nest, I took a few snaps as one does.
Tribe 2 in various configurations.
P8114381.JPG
P8114400.JPG

Tribe 3. Just this one picture. L to R, Knock, Notch and Donk.
P8114407.JPG
P8114413.JPG
P8114415.JPG

That's Tack, the ones whose nest I'm trying to locate next to the tree.
P8114419.JPG
P8114422.JPG

This is a scary and dating conversation... I bought my first PC in 1985, but in 1984 the boss gave me access to a Z100 with a Cromemco outboard processor and modem. I was the only one brave enough to use it. That set me on the path to becoming a computer guy.

I was 3 in 1985...just sayin!šŸ¤£šŸ˜šŸ¤£

I go back to DOS 3.0 on the 8088 processor. Not quite as far as you.
At home, I go back to Windows 3.1 on a 386. But I'd already been using unix and macs at uni. Unix was my favourite. When apple decided to put unix under their GUI, I started choosing macbooks and I've been satisfied with them ever since. It's usually the battery that fails or software bloat taking up the processing cycles that makes them unusable.

My oldest daughter was born in 1988. She played a lot of Oregon trail. Just saying. :old
You're all talking American again but I get the gist. I presume Oregon trail is something kids do when they're kept in at lunchtime. We used to sit and sing songs.

You're all talking American again but I get the gist. I presume Oregon trail is something kids do when they're kept in at lunchtime. We used to sit and sing songs.
Honestly I am not sure they are talking American (I think I understand that mostly). I think they may be talking Young-Person which is completely incomprehensible to me.

Oregon Trail was an early computer game where you were an early settler in the American west with a covered wagon. You had to get your family safely to Oregon. My youngest daughter never actually made it alive. It is a bit of a family joke with us. The game was a bit like Australia, everything could kill you and your family. Dysentery, scarlet fever, rattle snakes, freak snow storms, all the perils of the journey west were in there.

Back
Top Bottom