Ribh's D'Coopage

Oh yes, it's freezing in the dead of winter but has it's own beauty then too.
Doesn't look freezing to me, weren't you there in the dead of winter?

I let them stay until everything below my waist was numb. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.
I think "tomorrow" will bring a change of shirt and a trip to the washing machine for the one you were wearing.

Ha'penny & I are engaged in a battle of wits. So far, Ha'penny is winning. 🙄
The girl is feral.
She likes laying outside & that is fine by me so long as I know where it is she is depositing her eggs. The trouble is she likes her nests hidden. Every time I find her eggs she changes location. She has been hopping the fence & laying next door. I am hopeful their dog has sorted out the eggs. Apparently he likes eggs but I'm not so sure he's eaten them as she's still going for the fence. I really don't want her accumulating her usual 20 eggs & attempting to sit.
I had an exhausting day yesterday so was a little late letting the girls out this morning & it was immediately obvious Ha'penny was ready to lay so I got between her & her desired destination. She must have been desparate as she gave up sooner than I expected & I will have to have a scout along the back fence once she's up & about again.
I am going to really have to let her have a go @ sitting. Normally she breaks easily as once the eggs have been removed she has no more interest but she's one of my older hens & has multiple attempts each year.​

Ha'penny (2).jpg

Ha'penny & I are engaged in a battle of wits. So far, Ha'penny is winning. 🙄
The girl is feral.
She likes laying outside & that is fine by me so long as I know where it is she is depositing her eggs. The trouble is she likes her nests hidden. Every time I find her eggs she changes location. She has been hopping the fence & laying next door. I am hopeful their dog has sorted out the eggs. Apparently he likes eggs but I'm not so sure he's eaten them as she's still going for the fence. I really don't want her accumulating her usual 20 eggs & attempting to sit.
I had an exhausting day yesterday so was a little late letting the girls out this morning & it was immediately obvious Ha'penny was ready to lay so I got between her & her desired destination. She must have been desparate as she gave up sooner than I expected & I will have to have a scout along the back fence once she's up & about again.
I am going to really have to let her have a go @ sitting. Normally she breaks easily as once the eggs have been removed she has no more interest but she's one of my older hens & has multiple attempts each year.​

View attachment 3186327
I know she's a nuisance but her colours and iridescence are wonderful in this photo :love

I know she's a nuisance but her colours and iridescence are wonderful in this photo :love
She is drop-dead gorgeous and the nuisance thing just adds to the appeal!
She was the first of @Ribh tribe that I really noticed when I first started getting to know my way around here.

She is drop-dead gorgeous and the nuisance thing just adds to the appeal!
She was the first of @Ribh tribe that I really noticed when I first started getting to know my way around here.
You're right. :D I don't really find her a nuisance but I do worry about her. She is a stunning hen in so many ways.

One of the things that has kept me off BYC has been a gift I have been making for my great niece who has just turned 1 year old. I also entered it into the crafting competition at the Hawkesbury Agricultural Show this year. It won first place as well as Best Exhibit in Felting. I am very chuffed.

It is a Toddler's Busy Book but in scroll format based on the rhyme "There was a Crooked Man"

View attachment 3184634View attachment 3184636View attachment 3184637View attachment 3184638View attachment 3184639View attachment 3184640View attachment 3184641View attachment 3184642View attachment 3184644

The sixpence isn't actually attached to the scroll. I just put it there for illustrative purposes.
The little crooked man comes out of the house and can be walked through the scenes.
I'm not surprised you got first place.:love

Things got entertaining this evening. I went out before roost time. I opened the top door of the coop but left the bottom door closed. They were fascinated with what was below them.

View attachment 3185581View attachment 3185582View attachment 3185583

This was a warning to me about what roosting time might be like.

It was amazing! So quickly she was already used to being touched. 🥰

View attachment 3185584

Glynda wanted to roost with her so much she let me pet her as well. Crazy right! 🥰

That's right, Lady Featherington roosted on my shoulder.

View attachment 3185585View attachment 3185586

Of course Glynda had to join her.

View attachment 3185587View attachment 3185588

I let them stay until everything below my waist was numb. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.
I am so happy for you! Two cuddlers! :hugs

Back
Top Bottom