Ribh's D'Coopage

OH, MY GOSH!!!!
I have been potting up tubestock natives all morning & keeping an eye on my fence hoppers while I was @ it. Aoife has been hopping the fence every 10~20 minutes & we did the circuit. She's been very good about hopping back in.
If only she would stay in!

Last time I went to round her up I couldn't see my trusty fishing rod so I just began walking towards her, fairly confident she would just scoot around the perimeter of the pen as usual. She didn't.
She squatted for me!!!!
She let me pick her up & cart her round to the nesting boxes. No fuss. No bother. No screaming. There weren't even heart thumps. She was totally relaxed.
She's a Campine!!!! Normally I can't get within cooee of any of them!
I am so gobsmacked. So chuffed. 😁
Ok, so not a proof positive she's close to laying but a lovely moment for me just the same. I am so thrilled!

View attachment 2169405
Yay! What a moment!

OH, MY GOSH!!!!
I have been potting up tubestock natives all morning & keeping an eye on my fence hoppers while I was @ it. Aoife has been hopping the fence every 10~20 minutes & we did the circuit. She's been very good about hopping back in.
If only she would stay in!

Last time I went to round her up I couldn't see my trusty fishing rod so I just began walking towards her, fairly confident she would just scoot around the perimeter of the pen as usual. She didn't.
She squatted for me!!!!
She let me pick her up & cart her round to the nesting boxes. No fuss. No bother. No screaming. There weren't even heart thumps. She was totally relaxed.
She's a Campine!!!! Normally I can't get within cooee of any of them!
I am so gobsmacked. So chuffed. 😁
Ok, so not a proof positive she's close to laying but a lovely moment for me just the same. I am so thrilled!

View attachment 2169405
You may find it's the fishing rod that is causing you problems. If I'm carrying a stick of any description the chickens give me a very wide berth.

You may find it's the fishing rod that is causing you problems. If I'm carrying a stick of any description the chickens give me a very wide berth.
That's very possible, Shad. Unfortunately I am too tottery on the slope not to have a stick of some sort for balance.

This is what we are being constantly subjected to just now.
At least they're not under my kitchen windows. :lol:
Lucky neighbours.

Yes video access is totally fixed I could see it fine. I love your birds I think they are ever so elegant! But I will say they are quiet compared to my lot. Maggie often makes that screeching sound and when she really gets going the other two join in causing me to rush out to stop murder and mayhem only to find them all happily scratching around.

Back
Top Bottom