Ribh's D'Coopage

That is exactly what I said to Rose today. We need to write this down. It was odd the emotions that remembering this brought up. The little details.

Rose made me read it to her earlier today. As I was reading, she admitted how much of what went on she did not know. For example, I guess I never told her my mom was ready to fly to Florida. It made her cry to think what my mother was willing to do for her.

I actually did say to Rose, now Mary can share this with Eve if something were to happen to us.

I also have all the paperwork from everything still. Including the actual Amex receipt from the wing of the plane. I saved it all. I really don't know why.
Honestly, from a historical pov, this stuff is invaluable. Add your pictures & documents & put it all together & it will be valued for generations to come. We forget how much things change from generation to generation & eye witness testimonies are crucial!

I'm something on an oddity. I'm the oldest child of a youngest child so am sort of cross generational. There are things I remember & experienced that neither of my brothers did within the larger family & I find people's lack of grasp on history, especially their own particular history, frightening. This is so worth documenting!

I can't match your gorgeous sea views Ribh but I know you like this view.
This is Rivit, recently evicted from a pile of eggs.:(
View attachment 2215458

And from the other direction.
View attachment 2215459
I just love your stairway pictures. Such beautiful chickens in beautiful settings. I'm sad she can't set but hopefully she get another chance next year.

I can't match your gorgeous sea views Ribh but I know you like this view.
This is Rivit, recently evicted from a pile of eggs.:(
View attachment 2215458

And from the other direction.
View attachment 2215459
I love your views & chickens, Shad! So different to my own outlook. Just don't be surprised if one day I can't resist the urge & land uninvited on your doorstep to enjoy it in person! :p You don't have to entertain me. I'm not a people person anyway.☺ I'll be perfectly happy to sit in the grass somewhere & commune with your chickens ~ if they'll have me!

Honestly, from a historical pov, this stuff is invaluable. Add your pictures & documents & put it all together & it will be valued for generations to come. We forget how much things change from generation to generation & eye witness testimonies are crucial!

I'm something on an oddity. I'm the oldest child of a youngest child so am sort of cross generational. There are things I remember & experienced that neither of my brothers did within the larger family & I find people's lack of grasp on history, especially their own particular history, frightening. This is so worth documenting!
Thanks. I think I will see what I can do now. I did edit the story a little for here. It was very long.

I love your views & chickens, Shad! So different to my own outlook. Just don't be surprised if one day I can't resist the urge & land uninvited on your doorstep to enjoy it in person! :p You don't have to entertain me. I'm not a people person anyway.☺ I'll be perfectly happy to sit in the grass somewhere & commune with your chickens ~ if they'll have me!
Any chicken will have you. You are one with them. 😉

Thanks. I think I will see what I can do now. I did edit the story a little for here. It was very long.
:hugs I don't mean to bully, Bob. :hugs I've ended up with most of my family's documents because no~one else wanted them & really they should have gone down the family to direct descendants but I'm something of a history nut so when gems like this turn up I really hope they get recorded. Think of Eve telling her grandchildren the story of their great~great grandparents honeymoon! [Do I have enough greats in there?] 🤔

That is exactly what I said to Rose today. We need to write this down. It was odd the emotions that remembering this brought up. The little details.

Rose made me read it to her earlier today. As I was reading, she admitted how much of what went on she did not know. For example, I guess I never told her my mom was ready to fly to Florida. It made her cry to think what my mother was willing to do for her.

I actually did say to Rose, now Mary can share this with Eve if something were to happen to us.

I also have all the paperwork from everything still. Including the actual Amex receipt from the wing of the plane. I saved it all. I really don't know why.
Now you know why!:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom