Ribh's D'Coopage

We had a nice full moon this morning
IMG_2732.jpg
IMG_2733.jpg

All round, not just in looks. They are very distinctive personality wise too. I'm so pleased I have these birds in my flock.
I would still like to have Fayoumies here.....don't tell the tribes...
The project I posted about before Christmas has obviously gone to shite with the Covid crisis.
My plans to have a game fowl pair have also gone the same route with the Brexit problems and the general situation here.
When Fat Bird dies that will be the last of the 'pure breed' chickens here.
I've had quite a few enquiries from people wanting chickens due to the Covid crisis. No way am I going to let any go under such circumstances.

Wow. You've really made it as the Roosterist. I hope Gloria can help you sort out the injury.
It's keeping the leg protected while it does whatever it needs to to protect the bump that is my next problem. The scales that are growing won't harden up while covered in bandage. I aquired a piece of Kevlar that is rounded which could be drilled with a lot of small holes to act as a rear shin guard. It's keeping it in position that is a problem. Maybe there is a new line of endevour there; body armour for chickens.:D

We are playing guessing games.
I have a blue ~ probably Mhari's. I have a large brown ~ yes I know it doesn't look brown; trust me, it's a large light brown egg ~ probably Hepzibah's. I have a small white, probably Medh but it could be Morrigu who lays a smallish egg. And then I have a small brown next to the blue. I suspect Alpia who has been haunting the nesting boxes recently & emptied everything out of the last box before settling into the one next to it.:rolleyes: Looks like all my POLs are getting reading for the summer laying spree.
View attachment 2277059
Beautiful blue eggs. You are very lucky. I know brown and I don't see any brown there.

I would still like to have Fayoumies here.....don't tell the tribes...
The project I posted about before Christmas has obviously gone to shite with the Covid crisis.
My plans to have a game fowl pair have also gone the same route with the Brexit problems and the general situation here.
When Fat Bird dies that will be the last of the 'pure breed' chickens here.
I've had quite a few enquiries from people wanting chickens due to the Covid crisis. No way am I going to let any go under such circumstances.
I have never seen them selling chicks this late in the year at TSC but they sure are. The demand for chickens must still be very high. The lack of straw and feed sure points increased flocks as well.

It's keeping the leg protected while it does whatever it needs to to protect the bump that is my next problem. The scales that are growing won't harden up while covered in bandage. I aquired a piece of Kevlar that is rounded which could be drilled with a lot of small holes to act as a rear shin guard. It's keeping it in position that is a problem. Maybe there is a new line of endevour there; body armour for chickens.:D
I have friends that are already antsy about chickens taking over. Put them in body armor and they will be outright frightened. The whole dinosaur connection and all. 🤭🦖🦕

Back
Top Bottom