Ribh's D'Coopage

I had planned to put these 3 back in the coop last night but the children were here till quite late so all the things I needed to do to make that happen never happened. I can't do anything with the girls while they're here as they invariably want to help & it's help I can do without. The Vorwerks have made even helping put down feed tubs pretty impossible. I have 1 who spooks @ going back in the coop no matter who is doing it & yesterday I lost her completely once the kiddies had spooked her.

A day or so probably doesn't matter @ this stage but Ceres has been out of the coop for nearly a month. Olivia just doesn't like running with the big girls. I get it. They just stampede over the top of her. Desdemona's eye has been the hold up & I didn't want her in where the Big Girls might peck @ her eye. However Olivia has figured out how to open the cage door & I find her randomly roosted about the bathroom.

I finally caught up with my vet & got the fecal float results; no surprises there. I am no longer seeing any blood in the poops of my inside girls ~ though some are still quite watery. There is the occasional spotting in the big coop. Pretty sure it's Portia so I will have to dose her. And the worm treatment arrives with the vet on Tuesday. Hurrah. As most of the flock is now moulting the sooner that's done the better!

Oh, & to complicate matters it is raining ~ AGAIN! 🙄
View attachment 2620174
If I were a chicken I would hang out on that railing. Just saying!

She finds the little chickens irresistible but is completely untrustworthy around them.
I have to watch her like a hawk but she is getting better.
View attachment 2620105
Phyllis ran up to Eve when she was here last weekend. Of course the last time she saw Eve she got a pile of meal worms to herself. :gig

There was this ring around the table game they played together as Phyllis kept walking just in front of her. They went around like 3 times until Phyllis lost track of her. Then Eve surprised Phyllis and Phyllis flew straight up in the air like a helicopter. Everybody laughed and Phyllis got more meal worms.

The rest of the tribe kept their distance but Eve has been exceptional with all the animals.

I had planned to put these 3 back in the coop last night but the children were here till quite late so all the things I needed to do to make that happen never happened. I can't do anything with the girls while they're here as they invariably want to help & it's help I can do without. The Vorwerks have made even helping put down feed tubs pretty impossible. I have 1 who spooks @ going back in the coop no matter who is doing it & yesterday I lost her completely once the kiddies had spooked her.

A day or so probably doesn't matter @ this stage but Ceres has been out of the coop for nearly a month. Olivia just doesn't like running with the big girls. I get it. They just stampede over the top of her. Desdemona's eye has been the hold up & I didn't want her in where the Big Girls might peck @ her eye. However Olivia has figured out how to open the cage door & I find her randomly roosted about the bathroom.

I finally caught up with my vet & got the fecal float results; no surprises there. I am no longer seeing any blood in the poops of my inside girls ~ though some are still quite watery. There is the occasional spotting in the big coop. Pretty sure it's Portia so I will have to dose her. And the worm treatment arrives with the vet on Tuesday. Hurrah. As most of the flock is now moulting the sooner that's done the better!

Oh, & to complicate matters it is raining ~ AGAIN! 🙄
View attachment 2620174
You're having a bear of it this fall. The weather has really messed with their health. :hugs

Blossom offered me a Caturday photo. Who am I to decline??

IMG_20210417_111235.jpg

Back
Top Bottom