Ribh's D'Coopage

I thought anthropology covered ancient societies too. No?
It may. I may be terribly biased. A lot of studies seem to have been done in warmer climates, which is fair enough. I don't know too many studies on the Lapps or Eskimos, both of whom are very interesting linguistically. I know of an least one archaeological study of Eskimos ~ which was about learning how primitive implements are actually used. Archaeology is a huge crossover discipline. Almost everything touches on it & can be employed to further archaeology.

It may. I may be terribly biased. A lot of studies seem to have been done in warmer climates, which is fair enough. I don't know too many studies on the Lapps or Eskimos, both of whom are very interesting linguistically. I know of an least one archaeological study of Eskimos ~ which was about learning how primitive implements are actually used. Archaeology is a huge crossover discipline. Almost everything touches on it & can be employed to further archaeology.
Got it The university of Lapland has an Arctic Anthropology department so there must be something to it. And I believe the Saami are well studied (I read something about them a while back). Although they are ancient they are also current so probably don’t make the Ribh cut!

I'm pretty sure I've chosen the wrong major & will have to rectify that. I really should be doing archaeology. My paper for my major is a study of Brodgar Ness ~ the huge Neolithic site in the Orkneys. :thDespite it's difficulties I have really enjoyed the archaeology & next trimester get to walk among the dead. 🤣 YD always complains she was raised to the sight of exhumed bodies....🙄

Last edited:
Got it The university of Lapland has an Arctic Anthropology department so there must be something to it. And I believe the Saami are well studied (I read something about them a while back). Although they are ancient they are also current so probably don’t make the Ribh cut!
Lovely! May be more a Northern study thing. I am very interseted in the Saami ~ partly because I studied up on the joik when the girl was studying music & everything about it fascinated me. And what's not to like about reindeer? ;)

It is hard to tell honestly.
Here is the latest from a few minutes ago.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...es-stories-of-our-flock.1286630/post-25759154

I am watching mainly for pain. I can’t say her quality of life is great right now but mostly she sleeps so I am sticking with her and trying to tempt her to eat and drink.
And in the middle of all this she laid an egg.
The others are being mean to her. Not badly but more so than usual. I assume it is because they sense she is the weakest member of the tribe.
Poor baby.
I hate it when they pick on the weak :(

We are completely waterlogged & the girls have spent the past 2 weeks huddled round the side of the house trying to stay warm & dry. They are not happy. Last night they were so disgusted everyone was in bed well before roosting time & just waiting on me coming to shut the door on them. I feel for them.

20220522_145927.jpg

20220522_145551.jpg

We are completely waterlogged & the girls have spent the past 2 weeks huddled round the side of the house trying to stay warm & dry. They are not happy. Last night they were so disgusted everyone was in bed well before roosting time & just waiting on me coming to shut the door on them. I feel for them.

View attachment 3118230
View attachment 3118231
Even Titania looks dejected.

Back
Top Bottom