Ribh's D'Coopage

Aoife is not a happy moulter.​
20220524_082221.jpg

And Ha'penny is tailess. She looks most peculiar.

20220524_082123.jpg

This morning has been slightly traumatic.
I was in the shower when the hawk put in an appearance.
By the time I got outside my girls were scattered to the 4 winds & the hawk could still be seen clutching what I took to be a Mynah bird in its talons.
I did a head count & was missing girls. Most were huddled in the shed obviously terrified. Portia turned up on the outside nest. Olivia & Shuri were squashed under the BBQ & quivvering with fear but look as I might I couldn't find Chavi anywhere. I scoured the yard. No Chavi. I went round again looking for small black feathers but a small black hen is difficult to spot @ the best of times. A terrified small black hen is impossible. I checked all her usual hidey~holes & couldn't spot her. Sadly I went inside to work on my assignment hoping she would turn up when everyone ventured out again. She didn't. I checked again & finally found her stuffed well back in a deep, dark hidey~hole.​
20220524_114541.jpg

She was the last one to venture out to enjoy the thin sunshine & everyone is very nervouse. That hawk is a pest but there is little I can do about it as I don't own this property. I am just grateful the girls are being predator aware & everyone is surviving. Chavi is such a sweetheart I would hate to lose her.

20220524_114354.jpg

Back
Top Bottom