Rips, tears, broken and never to be opened

The single drink powder mixes. ARGH!!!!! I have scissors to open those. If I dare try to open them as per the little notch to open them, I wind up with powder everywhere.

Flour. I have a very large (50 lbs) bag of flour and it is now up off the flour of the pantry because of mice, and I have to stand on a chair to get any of it because I can't lift the danged bag. Every weekend there is flour everywhere.

Pancake mix - recloseable top - pancake mix poofs out every time.

LOL You guys cracked me up!

Don't these companies EVER think about elderly generations with problematic hands or some of us don't have the strength? Why would we need a super duper strength bags on shredded cheese, oh for heavens sakes! They are practically child proof those packages that we have to end up cutting with scissors!

Know those foil pull ups on Pringles can or top of peanut butter containers. Either those things don't pull back, or break off or get half ripped off, double the effort.

Thanks to the people that tampered the Tynenol pills back in the early 80's. Blister packs and so forth. Bad enough that I can not take a tablet out of my Claritin packs!

And the computer game gadgets that has a small box for batteries which latches on and locks with a screw? When you need to change batteries, you dont have coins or screwdrivers around at a moment notice and your car keys don't fit the slot!
he.gif
DD had a melt down on that one!
barnie.gif

They need to bring back the wax papers for the powdered cakes, puddings, etc. back. Those were easy to tear open.

Need to have those pen leashes for the scissors, they kept walking off the counters and I have to declare them MIA or AWOL.

One type of individually wrapped american cheese that I buy frequently has defective wrapping, so when I peel back the first fold... it rips off in my hand. Then I have to stand there and mess with it, digging my fingernail into the cheese slice trying to get the rest off. And even worse is if I don't get individually wrapped, then the cheese itself breaks when I try to peel it from the block.
hmm.png

Sour cream, yogurt, etc., that you peel back the film and it leaves scraps of it on the rim of the container, I don't know why but I HATE that.

I always have to use a sharp knife and repeatedly STAB the "perforated" area on macaroni boxes. It's so NOT already perforated, it's just not.

Granted, this one is probably just ME, but I hate how those snack-pack puddings are attached to each other AND stuck inside the cardboard holes. I just want a pudding and I want it now, I don't want a one handed wrestling match inside my fridge. But I am maybe lazy on that one.
hide.gif

Those "oyster shell" packages, where whatever it is, with any luck a pair of new scissors, is trapped inside a hard plastic bubble and the only way to get it out is to carefully cut around it for ten minutes with a razor knife, and then you cut yourself on the sharp plastic reaching in? Hate that.

The plastic rings on creamer cartons that pull off so hard that creamer spills everywhere.

spaghetti boxes in general. It WILL spill out of your cabinet when you reach for something. You better come to terms with it, or buy one of those tall pasta tins, which I always mean to buy and then forget.
roll.png

I am notorious with ALL my family for the destruction I wreck on saran wrap, re-sealable packages, you name it.... I completely ripped the "cutter" off a brand new saran wrap roll from costco once. It took my mother years to finally finish out that roll having to use scissors every time and she swore she'd never buy another roll from costco, too risky. DH has banned me from opening any saran wrap, tin foil, sandwich baggies, cereal, even chips. I'm just not allowed. If I had a penny for everytime he's looked at something and then said to me "what did the bag do to offend you"?

Quote:
or have arthritis in both hands and have a killer migraine -- just try to open Imitrex with the 'safety-sealed' blister pack with the extra-tight foil on the back -- if ya' didn't have a migraine already trying to get the danged tablet out will cause one -- ugh --
sad.png

Quote:
When a can opener goes, you starve. I HATE trying to force a stubborn can opener to just open one more can for me before I pitch it into the great beyond.
somad.gif

<-----has gone through a lot of can openers

LOL @ Laurajean! Oh I can relate to many of those things you mentioned. Even right down to the pasta! Had a box of potato buds instant potatos and it took me a good length of time to get to the proferated lid to tear open....ended up having the potato powder all over the floor.

Oh those milk tabs, you snap them off and the lid would fly off, spill the milk everywhere.

Remember those soda pop or beer can tabs???? when one handle popped off, how are you going to get the rest of the tab off? That one I never could figure it out. Had an uncle who wasted NO time getting right down to it, using one of those thingys that you don't see anymore, those triangled end bottle cap opener.

Never did like those electric can openers, had too many cans fall off of it, messy tomato sauce on the countertops and since then, I used the KitchenAid can opener, manual kind. Wondeful!

Sure those tabs from canned items are great but what happens if they break off when you are trying to pull it off???

Oh I can related about the individual cheese wrappers, a real pain!

Opening up an ice cream tub, a very stubborn plastic lid. Might just take a screwdriver and hammer to "chistle" the lid off from the bucket. Sometimes those darn things would literally bend in half before it would smack you in the face from all that pulling.

Frozen bags of veggies, pull, pull and more pulling. Same for the Ore-Ida french fry bag! Pull some more that the directions in the back can no longer be read. Now how many degrees and how much time needed to cook up the whole bag of fries???

For those who got themselves trapped by the Saran Wrappers, one great idea....sweat it out, you can lose some weight on it!

The problem with the pudding snacks that my daughter has is she has to pull them so hard, it ended up splort on her shirt. A real mess! When you buy a four pack, the upper tier of puddings will slide out when you place them on the check out line.

Back
Top Bottom