Roo or Hen?

Feb 16, 2023
I know I have to wait and be patient but I just can’t so I want some other opinions. It’s like a guessing game! It’s super fun but it’s more fun when you have other people to put in their opinions versus your husband that tells you you’re nuts. The brown chick is mixed but has a pretty good comb on it for 3ish weeks. So is the black chick. The two whiter color chicks are wheaten Marans which I think are Roos since the black feathers. The other two older ones I took in are mixed that were super malnourished with mites. They look like barred rock but according to the lady they are not! Supposedly they’re 4 months but they don’t look 4 months to me. Thanks :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    758.8 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    456 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    537.3 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    376.6 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    487.8 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    499 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    786.8 KB · Views: 9
What did the lady say they barred birds are if they aren't rocks? Second generation black sex link? I think its too early on the chicks, they look about 10 day old, actually.

I know I have to wait and be patient but I just can’t so I want some other opinions. It’s like a guessing game! It’s super fun but it’s more fun when you have other people to put in their opinions versus your husband that tells you you’re nuts. The brown chick is mixed but has a pretty good comb on it for 3ish weeks. So is the black chick. The two whiter color chicks are wheaten Marans which I think are Roos since the black feathers. The other two older ones I took in are mixed that were super malnourished with mites. They look like barred rock but according to the lady they are not! Supposedly they’re 4 months but they don’t look 4 months to me. Thanks :)
Pictures
2. I’m thinking Roo
4. I’m thinking Roo
6. I think 2 hens in back
I’m not a professional though, that’s just my guess
DCBD14BD-7A0D-45BD-9027-98A06A665EFB.jpeg

What did the lady say they barred birds are if they aren't rocks? Second generation black sex link? I think its too early on the chicks, they look about 10 day old, actually.
Have you ever seen a comb that big on a chick that young not be a roo though? So odd. No she says she doesn’t own any barred rock. Said they were a cross between a Delaware hen and unknown dad.

The two barred ones look like bantams to me, in which case they could well be 4 months old, though I doubt it. If they are large fowl, they fit for barred Hollands, but those are very rare, so I doubt it.

I think the Marans are males as well due to coloring, but the rest are too young to tell.

Back
Top Bottom