Rooster attacked ducks eye!

Vetercyn spray would be good here after initial cleaning. Poor thing that looks very painful.
Thank you...yes I feel so awful he stuck his head through fencing and my roo on the other side got him...I really hope it heals i dont want to lose him over something like this...he actually got his name lucky when I first got him my nbr had a duckling massacre every duckling was killed except lucky and he said I could have him he really has grown into a beautiful duck he is about 2 years old now and hate this has happened to him

The cloudy eye is an indication of trauma so possibly blindness has occurred. Could be worse? :idunno
That stinks only thing I can do now is keep it clean and hope for the best...Got the saline solution!!

Attachments

• 1550596091132231250536.jpg
    1550596091132231250536.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 5
I would leave it uncovered.

If you can find an ophthalmic ointment like Terramycin or Vetericyn eye gel to put in the eye whenever you flush it, that would be great.
:goodpost: If he were mine i would be using eye ointment several times a day and I would leave it uncovered.

Ya agreed someone said to try and cover it so his eye can stay closed but ill just put Vaseline and cover his pen with a towel
Instead of Vaseline I think it might be better to use Neosporin because Vaseline can allow bacteria to grow, but Neosporin won't.

This isn’t good at all. Is there even an eye left?

I would try to clean out around the eye and see if it could be saved (hoping it is still there).

It looks like you have a Cayuga drake, and drakes and roosters usually show aggression and shouldn’t really be kept together.
It was through fencing put something up to make sure lucky couldn't stick his head through the fencing there before it was wide enough for him to fit his head I put he is separated now I put him in his pool to let it wash off some before I do anything to it...Thanks yes he is a Cayuga drake

Back
Top Bottom