Rooster behaving strange I think

wowmanacat

Songster
Apr 1, 2011
Oak Grove AR
I have 5 or 6 roosters that are around 15 to 18 weeks old. I have seen that one of them is pecking at the hens when they get close to the feeder to eat. The rooster is pecking them to make them back off the feed. I have also sent he roosters take the spots that the hens have dug as a bathing spot from the hens. I do plan on getting rid of at least 3 or 4 of the roosters just not sure which ones to get rid of. I need to take some pictures and ask you all what you think. One that I would like to keep is the only son from my very first rooster, I know he might be mean since daddy was, but daddy was also given to me after he was abused in a way that would make him think "humans" something to attack.

If they are juveniles they may just need to mature into good roosters but....if you know you are going to be getting rid of some of them anyway, I would choose to keep those who behave as the best roosters. The ones who look for the treats for hens and call them over, and who are vigilant about looking out for predators and sounding a warning.

Back
Top Bottom