Rooster Breed with Loudest Crow?

Yeah, I don't live in alaska and my rooster will happily crow at 4AM in the summer. And nothin' much special about him... The last one would too. That's normal rooster stuff there imo.

Interesting factoid: Chickens can see the sky lightening from approaching sunrise before we can, thus in some places 4am = only an hour or two before sunrise, the sky is getting lighter, the chickens are beginning to wake up, etc :).

Okay, but if my rooster starts crowing at 4 a.m. he may end up in a frying pan. :)

The 4 a.m. crowing would be a problem. I want the rooster to crow when the sun comes up, like a normal rooster should. :)

I suppose if you were in Alaska or something in the summer the sun could be rising at 4 a.m.
Contrary to popular belief, sunrise isn't the trigger for roosters ... it's "Wake Up Time" that starts it. Mine start up about twenty minutes before my neighbors start their trucks to leave for work ... about 4:30 am ... even on Sundays! Any light can trigger them, too. When my d'uccles were residing on the front porch (blessedly briefly,) Fella crowed whenever a headlight, pedestrian or squirrel came down the road ... no matter the time. Yay. Not!

My BJG cockerel has a loud crow that seems to get louder monthly. Its to the point that within 10ft you are hearing him and not any video you were watching or call you were making on your phone. Its a powerful, loud crow that drowns out another roo who crows somewhere in our town. However, my BJG will do this any time he pleases, including midnight. We can easily hear it inside our cabin and with him inside his coop which is a good 25-30ft away. Easily drowns out my Faverolles roo, who has a surprisingly high pitched, somewhat piercing crow. Can't wait to hear our BLR Wyandotte cockerel crow for the first time, he's on the larger side so curious how he will sound.

Interesting factoid: Chickens can see the sky lightening from approaching sunrise before we can, thus in some places 4am = only an hour or two before sunrise, the sky is getting lighter, the chickens are beginning to wake up, etc :).

Yep. I knew that actually. What gets him going though is the guy next door leaves about 4 for work and his rooster starts crowing and mine has to help alert the world. Luckily it's usually just him that starts that early and not all of them!

My JG's were not all that loud, long crowers while I've never had them are cool but I've heard really not that loud. Worst for loud and constant crowing all night even was a TSC Silkie, ridiculously annoying lol.

Back
Top Bottom