Rooster Insulate

Jack Czerwonka

Chirping
Sep 6, 2017
I am thinking of getting some show birds and breeding them but we live in an urban area. Can we insulate are show hutch for the rooster so we can't hear him. Any suggestions? thanks :)

There is nothing you can do to absorb the sounds of a rooster , even hens are loud !!

Unless you want to get acoustical insulation and make a box , but he’d die from heat stroke,

Nope no good ideas here

I am thinking of getting some show birds and breeding them but we live in an urban area. Can we insulate are show hutch for the rooster so we can't hear him. Any suggestions? thanks :)
Hi Jack
I’m planning to build a soundproof room for my rooster to sleep in at night only. It doesn’t address the problem of daytime crowing though.
It is usually easiest to sound insulate using thick heavy walls and a roof with minimal air gaps. Your bird obviously needs to breath and mechanical ventilation with sound baffles can be used to achieve that, but not easy or cheap.
If you are really serious about keeping a rooster, it may be worth looking at the design of music recording studios. The issues are much the same, so are the costs.
To sound insulate a coup for a rooster to live happily in DAY and night would be an expensive.

Back
Top Bottom