Do they get locked up at night?
(Im sorry for all the questions, I just hope that we can figure out what’s wrong.) :)
Me or my bestie never had any children... so this is our life. The animals. We have 20 chickens 2 roosters 6 ducks 2 goats and 3 Chihuahua
I haven’t had any children either, so I know how important they are.
My sister and I take care of 70 feathered family members.

Hawks... omg... yes. We lost a few small 8 month old chickens to hawks.. and early in spring a few to a fox
The fox might be your answer. Freddy boy could have gotten attacked and the wound infected. (This is just a possibility)
I just recently made like 6 life like "people" scarecrows.... to deter them. Also strung up CDs to catch the sun and confuse them... sprayed 75% vinegar and garlic mixture along fenceline also to deter
I'm impressed!

Have you checked your other chickens yet for the start of anything similar? What does his feet look like? I could be VERY far off, but in all the pictures I saw what appeared to be Foot Parasite, though that usually goes after the webbing in a chicken's foot. It simply barrows into the foot webbing up into the leg. Perhaps this is what it is? If it is, it's spreadable, so treat it as a disease and try to prevent spread. Again. I could be very far off! Hope he heals. :hugs :hugs

Back
Top Bottom