Rooster? Raising Chicks?

Thanks for this reply. Yes it’s not even a melody. lol He doesn’t do it every morning either but definitely always vocalizing something.

I’m not sure about the mounting either. I always just thought he was picking on her but it’s only happened once or twice. Very quickly. Like she said something stupid & he slapped her. haha
Does he hop on her back at all?

Thanks for this reply. Yes it’s not even a melody. lol He doesn’t do it every morning either but definitely always vocalizing something.

I’m not sure about the mounting either. I always just thought he was picking on her but it’s only happened once or twice. Very quickly. Like she said something stupid & he slapped her. haha
Does he do this?
Screenshot_20210228-184143_Chrome.jpg

That’s what I was going to say.

Are you really sure? I’m not expert on sexing silkies though.
Like kicking?
Yes! Full foot extension lol

As for his screeching he flaps his wings a lot when he does it. He gets off the ground. No neck arching that I’ve noticed.
He’s got a pretty long neck. lol :)
He also sometimes just opens his mouth like he’s making a really big yawn. He will do that repeatedly. Mostly when he’s laying down.

Yes! Full foot extension lol

As for his screeching he flaps his wings a lot when he does it. He gets off the ground. No neck arching that I’ve noticed.
He’s got a pretty long neck. lol :)
He also sometimes just opens his mouth like he’s making a really big yawn. He will do that repeatedly. Mostly when he’s laying down.
Sounds like a crow. The yawning movement might be him adjusting his crop.

Some roosters don't arch their neck when crowing.

Back
Top Bottom