Rooster very sick, close to dying

...that's a good point about the wet version of fowl pox...I don't know a whole lot about pox in general, but I have heard the wet version is very hard to work with...does it shut down the rest of their body systems?

First thing tomorrow I will cull him. You all are freaking me out here, I hope my other chickens stay fine, all is well right now.
I was just reading some thread on the wet fowl pox and that does seem to be it. His "drooling" is a sticky discharge that makes it hard for him to breathe so that applies to it as well.

Thanks everyone
smile.png

Last edited:
That's a sad way to end the holiday. I'm sorry he is so sick, but it sounds lucky that your other birds didn't get it. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow
sad.png

Take care.

Well, he got culled yesterday and I cleaned out the coop, disinfected etc, then noticed my other rooster has black spots starting on his comb. Crap.
hmm.png

Keep an eye on him. He could get the milder dry pox and be just fine. I would seperate for sure at least until you find out whether is the wet or dry pox. Dry Pox they are usually fine just have to let it run its course.

Back
Top Bottom