Rooster with White built up stuff on his legs need Advice ASAP.

Teresaann24

Songster
11 Years
Jul 29, 2008
Eastern, Kentucky
My adult rooster who is about 3 1/2 years old I just noticed he has this white built up stuff on his legs I don't see any lifted scales on his feet to indicate mites and honestly you can't see most of his legs because of this stuff. It's really white like snow white no brown no yellow It looks crusty WHAT IS IT? AND WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP HIM?

A picture would help. It could still be scaly leg mite but he would have to have had them for quite some time to get a crust build-up that bad. You could go ahead and dip his legs in vegetable or mineral oil so to be safe till you figure it out.
sharon

I have never noticed this on him before I visit my chickens alot set with them and watch them I NEVER noticed this its almost like it poped up over night. I will try what you said my 1st thought was use Vasoline.

If that's what it is Vaseline should work as well. Just coat them good. Maybe you can post a pic and someone more experienced could weigh in with an opinion.
sharon

Sounds like a hen I bought once.

I had to rub Vaseline into her legs for a few days. It was nasty. Crusted over and her legs looked like they were concrete.

She has nice, smooth legs now. They boys like them too.

Oh and the best time to do this is at night when you can grab her from the roost.

Last edited:
thats what it sounds like mine has! Like concrete he is an awesome roo so he just plays dead when I hold him and look him over..LOL So he will be easy to rub down. I may leave him away from his girls till I get him cleaned up since when he gets with his girls he becomes tuff guy.

Back
Top Bottom