Rooster

Mott22

In the Brooder
Oct 3, 2022
Good morning I have rooster 14 weeks old with two different eyes. He’s a mix between Barrod rock and BCM he hasn’t started cackling and I’m wondering if he has Heterochromia.

Attachments

• IMG_2905.jpeg
    IMG_2905.jpeg
    435.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2906.jpeg
    IMG_2906.jpeg
    360.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2903.jpeg
    IMG_2903.jpeg
    426.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2902.jpeg
    IMG_2902.jpeg
    559.6 KB · Views: 8
His eye looks very dilated and doesn’t look normal. How long has his eye looked like this? I am personally thinking the eye may be damaged causing it to look like that.
Thank you for responding, I just noticed his eyes this weekend so I am not sure how long its been that way . When the sun is shinning bright I do see his pupil smaller its just the rest is darker than the other side.

Yes he is but hasn't started crowing.
He sure is pretty! ❤ He should be crowing soon. Do you have any other cockerels or adult roosters? Just keep an eye out for any odd behavior, dilated pupils are not normal, definitely post in the ER if he starts to decline.

He sure is pretty! ❤ He should be crowing soon. Do you have any other cockerels or adult roosters? Just keep an eye out for any odd behavior, dilated pupils are not normal, definitely post in the ER if he starts to decline.

Thank you, I have one other which is older but separated with hens. I raised him inside then graduated outside. He's being bossy to the other chicks that he is with . He is the only boy in there. Thank you for responding and the advice.:)

Back
Top Bottom