1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Roosters--but what breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by rosawoodsii, May 14, 2009.

1. rosawoodsii

rosawoodsii Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    These hatched the same day, the first is a banty with a rose comb. I've had to, uh, tell him who's boss a few times. Sneaky little devil would come up behind and attack. He doesn't do that anymore, thank goodness--good for him, too, or he would have had his little neck wrung.
    [​IMG]

The second rules the roost and is a full-size rooster.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  2. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Both look like mixes. Almost look like Golden Sebright crosses. That would explain the attitude of the first one [​IMG], but I"m not entirely sure.

3. wishin4chicken

wishin4chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2008
    Hayden Lake, Idaho
    I don't know what they are but they certainly are handsome fellows. [​IMG]

Michele.

4. rosawoodsii

Apr 13, 2009
    I got them a few months ago from a fellow who had gotten them at a county fair in July. They were barely half grown at the time, and he couldn't remember what the exhibitor said they were. He was under the impression they were pullets. Well...as time went on, it became obvious they weren't. [​IMG]

5. hensdeliverthegoods

hensdeliverthegoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Catawba County, NC
    I agree that they're crosses, perhaps the first one is and Old English cross? They're VERY handsome fellas, however, and those pics are great! [​IMG]

6. rosawoodsii

Apr 13, 2009
    Shucks! And I thought maybe I'd discovered a hitherto unknown (to me) exotic breed. Now you know how much I know about chicken breeds. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by