Roosters in town and sex links

Pics
Are you saying you see a Deathslayer rooster on the https://vr-homestead.business.site/ site? Which one? I don't see one listed there.
Down at the bottom of the page, he's in a cage. Marked very much like the one in the first comment. Deathlayer was the tiny caption when I examined the picture of the bird in the cage. No s after death, although now deathslayer would be some kinda rooster yes? :)

I would think that would make it harder to get rid of roosters....don't they have their 'too many boys' scenarios going on?
How many do you get rid of each year, sell, give..trade?
Most of my extra roosters I butcher myself.
I sold a buff orpington x barred rock hen(black sex link)cockerel about 2 months ago for $5 to someone that actually used him as a breeder for their mixed flock of 30 hens.
I didn't advertise him though.
I planned on sending him to freezer camp.

Someone a bit north of me is selling 4 laying Faverolles hens and roo for $75 for all 5. Maybe region as well as time dictate need/desire. Modern chicken history shows that over and over again, with hot/cold periods for many breeds.
Breed popularity could be a factor.

Not a townie, so I'm putting myself in other people's shoes here, but:

'Cause I hate sexlinks?

Nasty, overly-bold, prone to all sorts of reproductive disorders (cancer, peritonitis, internal egg-laying, ascites, infections) and they all look exactly the same. You've got two options. Red. Black.

EDT: Barred Rocks, maybe. But they're only 80% accurate to sex as chicks. Same with Legbars.

Back
Top Bottom