Rooster's Infected Comb

He's hard to take a photo of but here it is. I'll try to take more photos later. The lighting doesn't help either. I would describe it as white spots. Their combs are still bright red but it looks a little dry with the white.

Is fowl pox treatable? And How do you treat it?

Attachments

• IMG_0651.JPG
    IMG_0651.JPG
    378.6 KB · Views: 33
He's hard to take a photo of but here it is. I'll try to take more photos later. The lighting doesn't help either. I would describe it as white spots. Their combs are still bright red but it looks a little dry with the white.

This is not fowl pox
This seems like a fungal infection
Wash off the comb with anticeptic soap or liquid betaine

Fowl pox looks like black dots like pimples this is probably not pox

Could be dryness or a little Favus which is a fungal infection. Hard to tell in the photo. You can put some anti-fungal cream on the comb to see if it helps.

Finally got some photos of the chickens. Seems like when you want a photo, it's hard to get.

IMG_0679.JPG
IMG_0663.JPG

That's Mr. Poopy who I'm most worried about.

IMG_0667.JPG

Here is Golden Chick who I feel may gotten infected as well.
IMG_0653.JPG

Here is Dewy who I also think may be infected. Hard to tell in the photo, sorry.

That is a small wound on Mr. Poopy's comb. Could be from fighting or being pecked. If you feel that it needs tending, put some Blu Kote on it.

The other 2 roosters, unless the other side of their comb has any wounds/scabs, they look fine to me.

Comb injuries are quite common in chickens. Roosters can fight and sometimes hens take a good nip out of combs while roosting or fighting as well.

I will suggest u to clean the comb with distilled betadine in water with cotton and then apply some neomycin ointment as neomycin is used to treat many skin problem may heal his wound too

Back
Top Bottom